• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dthings for us VC member on DCL

blondietink

DIS Veteran
So, our very first DCL cruise is coming up in December. We are DVC members and paid cash for the cruise. I have heard that DCL will have some things for us on our cruise, like DVC lanyards? Is this true? If so, how do they know we are DVC members? When and where do we get these special items?

you will be gifted with little knick knack things every day in your cabin. lanyards, baseball caps, little travel kits... all kinds of stuff. bring an empty bag!

They have a booth at the terminal. They have a sheet of paper with all DVC members' names on it. You can get your lanyard then. You get a welcome home magnet on your stateroom door and all other perks inside your room. You can get other stuff in the DVC table at deck 4 or at the presentations.

If you booked your cruise under the same name as is on your DVC deed, then they will already know you're a member. If you don't get the magnet, etc when you get to your cabin just stop by the DVC desk on board or go to the member reception and let them know.

They have a booth at the terminal. They have a sheet of paper with all DVC members' names on it. You can get your lanyard then. You get a welcome home magnet on your stateroom door and all other perks inside your room. You can get other stuff in the DVC table at deck 4 or at the presentations.

We are cruising out of Miami, not PC. Do they have a booth in Miami?

We are cruising out of Miami, not PC. Do they have a booth in Miami?

They have a booth at every terminal. Just pop up there and let them know you're a member. They'll add you to the list, check it when they get to their office on board, then send you invites to the Members Meet and also (sometimes) put a magnet on your door. We've only had this once, but it's no bother as our door is always covered anyway!!

We sailed out of Miami, and we got the DVC lanyards just after checking in, as we were walking to board the ship.

We will have our DVC membership cards with us because we are going to WDW after the cruise and need it there for the discounts. So, it sounds like we will be all set! :thumbsup2

We sailed out of Miami, and we got the DVC lanyards just after checking in, as we were walking to board the ship.

:thumbsup2 We sailed out of Miami in January with family who are DVC members and there was a few people walking around, asking if people were DVC members and handing out those lanyards.

Thank you for this information. We are DVC members, but this will be our first Disney cruise. I had heard we would get a door magnet, but I didn't know we'd get other stuff, too. I love free stuff, and this will make our cruise even better. We'll be on the Fantasy Sept. 13-20, and we can't wait.

Make sure to attend the DVC members gathering, fun trivia and prizes. Plus complementary cocktails..:cool1:

I actually got a personal phone call from the cruise DVC rep 4 days before sailing on the Dream in June. He asked if we were excited. :thumbsup2

In addition to the goodies, stop by the reception. They had free drinks including juice for the kids. And DW was on the game show panel and received a prize (collapsable beach tent) for being the newest DVC members at the reception.

I don't drink at home and neither does DH, but on a cruise yes! So, free cocktails will get us every time. ;)

We are driving to Florida and taking 4 or 5 days to get there this time. We are going to stop at Stone Mt., GA to partake in their holiday activities. My DS adores Rudolph and friends and will be so excited to see them in GA that it might take away some of his outrageous excitement from going on the cruise. We need to calm him down somehow. Hopefully the DVC rep will call us before we leave.

So even if we book with cash instead of points, we can participate in DVC activities?

Absolutely! Using points for a cruise can be hefty. We find much better value using at resorts and paying cash for cruise. As long as they know you are DVC, they will call your room daily to remind you to come by for a special trinket, they will stop you to say hello every time you walk by the DVC desk, and they will definitely want you at the receptions. They use the receptions as selling opportunities to try to sell you more points :)
Just make sure they know you are on board. We only had to flag on our first cruise. Since then, some of the same CMs on different cruises actually recognized me and even the exact cruise we were last on.

Absolutely! Using points for a cruise can be hefty. We find much better value using at resorts and paying cash for cruise. As long as they know you are DVC, they will call your room daily to remind you to come by for a special trinket, they will stop you to say hello every time you walk by the DVC desk, and they will definitely want you at the receptions. They use the receptions as selling opportunities to try to sell you more points :)
Just make sure they know you are on board. We only had to flag on our first cruise. Since then, some of the same CMs on different cruises actually recognized me and even the exact cruise we were last on.

Great to know! Thanks!

Does anyone know when they go about matching the ship's manifest to members' names? I ask because we are in the process of buying a DVC resale (passed ROFR and in the paperwork/closing phase) - so if all follows the usual timetable, being entered into the DVC system will be VERY close to our sail date. :scared:

Both times i have cruised as a DVC member i have had to ask for my magnet and i have never got extra's in my stateroom :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter