DTD? Worth it or not?

DH adores Earl of Sandwich, so we always try to make at least one trip to DTD during our time in FL. This past Christmas was our first experience with the construction and the new parking garage. It was a headache (plus you are parking on almost the complete opposite side of DTD from Earl....sad panda....lots of walking). I'm fine with waiting until all of the construction is done before we go back again, definitely.

It would depend on the goal in visiting. Is this a first-time visit? To put a smile on my kid's face I would do it, but that is me.

I could totally skip it, but my teenage daughter really wants to go to do her shopping for the trip. We are going to make an ADR for Fulton's and give her some shopping time.

We dealt with crazy traffic but really enjoyed it once we got there.

By the way, we had great food at Splitsville. I would deal with the traffic just to eat there again.

We are going back in June and I have been debating going to DTD or head over to the Boardwalk. We always spend our 1st night at DTD and I really want to eat at Raglan Road, but I just don't know! Maybe spending the evening at Boardwalk would be a better use of our time...

We were there in Febuary for our anniversary and still loved being downtown Disney even with all the construction! So lively and just plain fun at night! We were staying at Saratoga springs so the boat ride was just magical going over and we just loved the walk as well when we decided to do that one night instead.
Where are you staying? Could you bus over to a park and then use the bus from there to go to SSR? The walk or boat ride from SSR to DTD is seriously wonderful!

If you go on a weekday, you should be fine. I went on a Wed about 4pm and no probs

I always like to go once a trip at least. We were there in November and there was even less open than there is now. I would definitely go once if you're staying a week. If you're only staying 3-4 days I would skip it. I agree with taking a bus - but the busses only go to DTD from resorts, not from the parks.

Just returning home from a week long trip at POFQ :(. We decided to skip DTD this trip due to the construction. I thought it was chaotic when we there in 2013 and that was before the construction. Other guests we saw who went advised against it. So unless there is something there they can't live without, it sounds like a hassle.

We stay at SSR most trips just so we can walk to DTD. You can't beat that view across from CP. Construction or not, I always want to go there. Enjoy!

We went last September on the day we left. We got there early and had no problem parking. We left shortly after lunch and it was starting to fill up. So I guess it's the same strategy as the parks- get there early and leave when the crowds arrive!

I never thought about taking the bus to POR, and then the boat to DTD. This is a great tip that I may need to press into service. At least we could avoid some of the traffic congestion.
By the way, I would so be stopping by POFQ for those beignets!
I love to shop, so I would not be a happy camper if I could not go to DTD.

I would highly recommend this too. You can drive to POR, do a restaurant and then take the boat, or - as suggested and the better option - just take a bus to POR. I suggest POR-Riverside; walk the beautiful grounds a little, and then hop on the boat: You get a slightly longer boat ride (It stops at French Quarter next.) and you can make sure you get a seat. The boat ride is relaxing and beautiful, the exact opposite of driving to DTD! You come out to the lake and can see the DTD water front and the balloon. It is very pretty and downright gorgeous at night!

We never miss DTD just for the shops and ambience and we can't wait for Disney Springs to be finished, it is going to be AWESOME.

We will be at WDW in 15 days. Yeah!!! My kids want to go to DTD at some point during our 7 days. I've been reading about all the construction and it sounds like a hassle. Is DTD worth it? Thanks!

Heather

Not. Complete waste of time and Disney quest is awful.

We ate there on our arrival day. Took the boat from POR, and shopped at World of Disney before our ADR time.

We visit DTD once each stay... and we are not shoppers. It's nice to walk around and have a snack (usually at Gheridelli). We love the boat ride from POR!

If shopping is your goal then it may be worth it to you. But, it is very chaotic right now. I would rather spend my time at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter