DTD where to eat solo?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
I managed to squeeze in a day/night in the Orlando area on a trip I am taking. At that point I will be alone(taking a child to college) I am staying right near DTD- so I thought that would be a cheap way to get my disney fix without hitting up a park.
But as we are a family of 6 *plus a 7th has been living with us......
I'm not used to being alone. I am looking forward to some quiet time. Where should I eat? I can just grab something at Wolfgang puck cafe *I love a Chinois Chicken salad.
Or what about taking the boat over to POR? And grabbing something over there? I've never been there but would like to check it out. Again I'll be alone so it's all up to me.

If you had an alone day in the DTD area what would you do?

I had some solo time there on my trip last month. I spent an evening just walking around a bit and had dinner at The Boathouse. I loved the atmosphere. I didn't love being sat at a table for 4 right next to the stage where a man was singing. That was kind of awkward. But I would definitely go there again and just sit at the bar or ask to sit outside. The following day I went back and shopped for awhile and then had lunch at Raglan Road. That was nice as a solo because there was entertainment. And the waitress I had there was so friendly and nice.

I like your idea of taking the boat over to POR as well though. I've stayed there before and didn't find the food to be anything special. Boatwright's is fine, but nothing too great. Maybe spend some time at DTD, eat there and also take the boat over to POR and explore a bit?

I loved being there alone! It was so nice to be at my own pace and not feel rushed at all! :) Enjoy!!!

Maybe you don't want to go outside of DD but Jiko at animal kingdom hotel is great. I've sat right at bar where food prep is going on n. You can watch kutchen and engage the staff. Or California Grill at the bar is another great place to eat and watch food prep.

I would:

lunch at Earl of Sandwich
wander the shops and take the boat to check out POR
early show for Cirque
dinner and music at Raglan Road

I would hit up Ragland Road. Lots of fun and good drinks.

I have heard Paradiso 37 or whatever the name is, is also fun. Never been there though.

The Boathouse is a great spot to eat/drink solo at the outdoor bar.

Raglan Road is also a good spot to hit solo.

I hit these places up all the time when my wife cannot join me at DTD. Always have a nice time and even meet a lot of great people from traveling from all over to Disney.

Lava Lounge (outside at Rain Forrest) is also good for solo as well.

Ok so I thought I would update.
I ended up eating at Cooke's outside. It was really nice and I wanted exactly that size of a portion so it worked out well. I did end up taking the boat over to Port Orleans earlier in the day and walked around. It was cute. I had a nice little touch of disney magic to lighten my sad college drop off mood.
Oh and I watched the fireworks from my room at the B resort. I got upgraded to the top floor park view. ($88 total!) perfect end to my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter