DTD to POR-FQ w/luggage

Va-bear

BEAR!
Hi all,

We are staying in DTD area a few days before checking into POR-FQ. Can we rid eht boat that goes form DTD to FQ w/ our luggage (assuming the boat isnt very full first thing in the AM)> We will each have one small carry-on roller bag and one shoulder bag.

If that's not possible, other options?

Thanks for any suggestions you might hav! :goodvibes

From what I understand, you can not take luggage on the boats or the buses other than DME of course.
POFQ is so close to the DTD area, I would just take a cab, it will problably cost about $10

Thanks - sounds like that may be the way to go. My DH thought it was silly of me to even ask, as he said, people take big giant strollers on the boats/buses but this is Disney so I knew there might be a rule against it.

There is no rule that prohibits taking luggage on the buses,
Actually, there is a rule against it, which I was not aware of. Please disregard this post.

but there is no where to stow it, either. Guests have to keep luggage with them, in a way that does not obstruct the aisle or doors.

I don't know about the Sassagoula boats, but I would guess it's the same.

The boats start running at 10:30 a.m., and of course you would need to get from your DTD hotel to the Marketplace dock.

You could also take a Disney bus. While morning bus service from DTD to the resorts is generally spotty, POFQ is an exception. There are frequent buses from DTD Marketpkace to FQ in the a.m.

There is no rule that prohibits taking luggage on the buses, but there is no where to stow it, either. Guests have to keep luggage with them, in a way that does not obstruct the aisle or doors.

I don't know about the Sassagoula boats, but I would guess it's the same.

The boats start running at 10:30 a.m., and of course you would need to get from your DTD hotel to the Marketplace dock.

You could also take a Disney bus. While morning bus service from DTD to the resorts is generally spotty, POFQ is an exception. There are frequent buses from DTD Marketpkace to FQ in the a.m.

Thanks for this info - esp. om timing. The bus idea sounds especially good!

joelkfla, it's been reported here in the past that guests have been told by bus drivers no luggage is allowed on the bus. What can the OP, or anyone in the future, do if a driver refuses to let them board with suitcases?

Yes, I was wrong. No luggage allowed. Sorry.

Ask to speak with a manager. It may take a while for one to show up, but they will set the driver straight.

If one person tried to board with 8 pieces of luggage, an argument could be made that there is no way they could keep it safely under their control, but a roll-on and a backpack per person definitely should be allowed.

The couple of times I've stayed at CBR we have always taken the internal bus from check in to whichever village our room is in without a problem. We along with alot of other people had our carryons with us. However, both times on my last day, I've attempted to get on that same internal bus back to the main building with both my checked bag and my carry on to check in at the RAC desk and both times have been told no luggage was allowed on that bus. The first time, I just assumed the bus driver was mistaken, but didn't make a big deal about it. I just dragged the luggage over there. However, this past Oct it happened again and I questioned him. He said no luggage was allowed on the Disney transportation. We again had to drag our bags over to the main building.:headache: I thought maybe it was because all we had when we arrived were our carryons, but when we wanted to go over there to check out we had both the carryons and check bags?

I thought for sure I heard that any luggage is not allowed on the Disney busses and boats. Honestly, I can't imagine them allowing it as it has the potential to cause all sorts of grief.

Also, as the OP wants to move the very first thing in the morning, it is likely that the busses and boats won't yet be running. A cab is really the simplest way to go.

Thanks everyone. I think our basic plan will be to try the bus out of DTD first thing - it seems like they'd be fairly empty since most people are headed TO DTD that time of day not back....so we wouldnt be in anyones way, most likely. Then if the driver says it's a 'no' we'll be in a goodplace to grab a cab. Thanks again!

I just searched the internal web site, and found a policy statement:

"Luggage is not permitted on Walt Disney World buses."

Sorry, folks, I was mistaken.

Sorry, I missed this one...I knew there was no luggage on the buses, boats. It's one thing to take a smallish carryon with you, but they aren't going to let you on with checked bags.
It is always best to either let Disney move the bags for you (if staying at a WDW resort) or take a cab with your bags to the next resort.

Thanks everyone. I think our basic plan will be to try the bus out of DTD first thing - it seems like they'd be fairly empty since most people are headed TO DTD that time of day not back....so we wouldnt be in anyones way, most likely. Then if the driver says it's a 'no' we'll be in a goodplace to grab a cab. Thanks again!

For the approx $10 in cab fare, why would you even bother :confused3

You most likely will not be allowed on the bus, and it is a HUGE time waster as well. Basic economics of opportunity cost here, and this is coming from a HUGE penny-pincher.

For the approx $10 in cab fare, why would you even bother :confused3

You most likely will not be allowed on the bus, and it is a HUGE time waster as well. Basic economics of opportunity cost here, and this is coming from a HUGE penny-pincher.

I think the answer is I'm a HUGER ( :cutie:) penny-pincher!!! :rotfl:

Anyway, thanks for all of the help guys - sounds like it's a cab for us.:thumbsup2

I'm glad your going with a cab. Time IS money at WDW.:)

Well, honestly, you're right BUT I did think it might actually be _nice_ to take the boat over. We are not the rush, rush, rush type at WDW and usually alternate 'on' days w/ nice relaxed 'off' days. So, I pictured us waking up, eating a leasurely breakfast, strolling over to the boat, which is VERY close to our DTD hotel and having a nice, pretty boat ride over to FQ. :cloud9:

I :lovestructhe boats over cars/cabs/ buses etc. Then when that looked like it couldnt happen the bus seemed pretty easy too - but, again, the cab works too. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Sorry, I missed this one...I knew there was no luggage on the buses, boats. It's one thing to take a smallish carryon with you, but they aren't going to let you on with checked bags.

No checked bags, just small carry-ons and maybe a backpack or purse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter