DTD Richard Petty Location Please

seashell724

DIS Veteran
Um...can you please tell me where I go to get to the Richard Petty Experience and where I need to park? Can I walk from there to Marketplace of DTD to shop?
Thanks!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the Richard Petty Experience is located in the big parking lot area at Magic Kingdom, nowhere near DTD.
You drive by the big oval racetrack when you go to park.

If you have your own car, you can drive right into the track after you check in at the guard booth. Enter the MK parking lot, then follow the signs for the Richard Petty Driving Experience.
It was cool to drive thru the tunnel right into the infield. The check in trailers/office are actually in the track infield.
We had a blast.
It isn't any where near DTD....

ohhhh. Okay. so pretty much just follow the signs to the MK parking lot and go from there.
Thank you!

Sorry, the two are not even close. Petty is in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. If you drive, stay to the left, tell the attendant you are going to Petty and you don't have to pay to park. Follow the signs to the left and you go right to the tunnel entrance. There is a van that takes you to the Kennels outside MK. A better option would be to shop there. My DH did it last month. Just tell whoever you know who is driving. Take the Ride along for the extra cost. That way you know what the car is capable of without using your laps to figure it out. My DH was disappointed in his speed average because he was scared of sliding. The Ride along went to the max speed and those drivers had better time. Be prepared to pay for the photo and extras. You will want them.

For those who know exactly where the Experience is, could the OP be dropped off at the TTC and then she can take a monorail tour of the resorts? I wasn't sure if the drive could take her past the drop off area at the TTC or not. It sounds like she wants something to do while her S/O does the Experience.

Hey there,
So many instructions! Ah! Now I am a bit confused on what is correct. I will be going with my hubby to RPE so no worries there. I had thought it was by DTD and that we could walk there afte the experience without driving. Now I know better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter