DTD recommendation

racinjunkie

Mouseketeer
We're going to the world in August on DDP. We have a pool/DTD day planned. We were planning to have dinner at T-Rex but couldn't get ADRs. After reading here I probably could if I call them directly but now I'm not sure it's our best choice. We are Mom, Dad, and 15 year old boy girl twins... Where would you go? The only two we'd rather avoid are Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe.

If your looking for Counter Service, I would go with Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express. The sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich are really good. If you want to go Table Service, I've heard good things about Raglan Road and Bongo's.

Our favorite at DTD is Raglan Road! The scallop appetizer is amazing, and the bread pudding for dessert is very good. We all had entrees we loved too. We can't wait to go back in June.

If you want T-Rex, and you've only tried through Disney's reservation system, call them directly. This is a huge restaurant with lots of tables, but they don't offer very many tables for reservation through Disney. If you call directly, you will probably be able to get any date and time you want.

If you've decided against T-Rex, I like Raglan Road. All the others are on my "eh, maybe" list and I haven't tried Splitsville but my friends who have tried it seem to like it.

I would try either Raglan Road or TRex. Both are great! Terrific atmosphere and delish food. Cant go wrong with either. Raglan Road has Irish dancers at dinner. Thats pretty neat to see.

For CS, unless your absolutely dying to have a sandwich for dinner (@EoS), I would recommend Wolfgang Puck Express instead. Its my fave places to eat @ DTD. The food is simply amazing. Its always the highlight meal of our trip! The bacon wrapped meatloaf & mashed potatoes is PURE heaven....and the spagetti with meatballs was the best i've ever had. And dont even get me started on the vanilla cheesecake with the creme brulee-like topping. OMG. So delish! :goodvibes

For TS, I can heartily recommend Raglan Road, we've always had amazing meals there! If you go later in the evening, you can catch the entertainment (Irish band and step dancers), which is always fun. I've also heard that Splitsville is pretty good, with a wide selection. For CS, I absolutely recommend Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace (there's one on the West Side, but it's limited to soups, sandwiches, pizza, salads and sushi). I LOVE the roasted salmon entree, it's delish! We've also enjoyed the mac and cheese, spaghetti bolognese, cavatappe chicken alfredo, along with many of the pizzas, salads and sandwiches. We love that place and it's a great deal on the dining plan!

I'm going to go with Raglan Road or Splitsville. Both have fun atmospheres and your teens might appreciate it more than T-Rex.

Our 16 year old boys love Ragland, the food is very well prepared with a vast menu! The table top and stage dancing is also great fun! We also enjoy the House of Blues, the food is good (especially the fried chicken and short ribs) and on Thursday/Friday nights ( I think) they have band performances!

We also enjoy T-Rex and find the food better than at Rainforest, even if they are part of the same company/chain!

On our waterpark days, the last 2 times we've combined dinner and a movie at the dine in theater at DTD. We love going to the movies and having a tasty dinner and a glass of wine or cocktail as you watch it, it's a great way to spend an evening!

If you would like to avoid Rainforest, I would stay away from TRex too. They are essentially the same menus with different decor. We LOVE WP Express, it's a must for each visit. If you want TS, then Raglan Road.

Have t-rex and raglan road always been DDP!? I always thought they weren't... that's good to know if they are!

Thanks so much everyone!!! I need to have my family look over the menu at Raglan Road but it certainly sounds like a great place.

Another vote for Raglan Road. We love the food, the atmosphere and the service. The band is great and the Irish Step Dancers are outstanding. I think your family would enjoy it.

We are trying Ragland Road for the first time this May. :goodvibes

But if for some reason you decide against it - I highly suggest Wolfgang Puck Express. It is a CS credit on the Dining Plan and without a doubt the absolute best value. The food is fantastic and the portions are huge- better than many TS credits. We have had many meals there and have yet to find something that was not delicious. :)

Reviewed everything with the fam and decided to stick with Raglan Road! I'm excited!

Thanks for all the recommendations.

To the poster above me, we did WGPE during our last trip and loved it, what we didn't love was trying to find a seat. I would definitely eat there again but would rather do it off standard meal hours. Thanks so much for the suggestion.. I might sneak in that suggestion and see if anyone is interested in switching and adding a signature dining...

We're going to the world in August on DDP. We have a pool/DTD day planned. We were planning to have dinner at T-Rex but couldn't get ADRs. After reading here I probably could if I call them directly but now I'm not sure it's our best choice. We are Mom, Dad, and 15 year old boy girl twins... Where would you go? The only two we'd rather avoid are Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe.

For whatever reason you want to avoid RFC, you should probably skip Trex. While we love them both if you don't like one you probably won't like the other. Paradiso is one of our fav places. Lots of variety, if you have a picky eater like me, you can get things plain or sauce on the side. We have been to RR for lunch and it was good!

If you like WPE try the WP cafe. Not nearly as "fancy" as the dining room but still a traditional table service. Great food and drinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter