DTD Libby Lu

ShawnaF

DIS Veteran
Question - anyone taken their daughters into this store for the make-overs, etc? How fast are they? How old were your daughters?

My going-to-be-3 year old wants to do this in October and I'm not sure if she can sit through it.

Question - anyone taken their daughters into this store for the make-overs, etc? How fast are they? How old were your daughters?

My going-to-be-3 year old wants to do this in October and I'm not sure if she can sit through it.

My dd did it for the first time for her 5th birthday. It took about 20 minutes from the time they started to the time they were done. Dd was enthralled the entire time. She was amazed at how much she looked like a princess at the end. She loved having her nails painted, getting makeup put on and getting her hair done in an up-do. She also loved getting to pick out goodies for her backpack at the end. We scheduled her Libby Lu makeover on the day we did Ariel's grotto and Cinderella asked dd if she had visited her very own fairy godmother Libby Lu. My niece had her first Libby Lu makeover at 2 1/2 and she did wonderful. I think your 3yo will be fine.

THAT is the name of the place!

Does anyone know if they do the little-boy spikey hair there, like I think I've seen pictures of done somewhere at WDW? DS saw some boys with that done (and sprayed bright red, but his hair IS red so he wants blue or green, LOL) at two local fairs recently, and he would love to have it done while at DL.

Suppose I could just find there website, eh? :upsidedow

My dd..8 did fine..but it was a long wait when we were there....she loved it..but she also loved the makeover at Princess Fantasy Faire..which your 3 year old might like better...

Thanks folks! Well, hadn't seen any boys in there yet - so far we've only done a quick trip in for shopping. I'll keep an eye out though and thank you so much for the scoop! I think we can do 20 minutes!

BTW - in case anyone doesn't know, you should go to the Libby Lu website and fill out the VIP club form - you'll get a discount on anything there, or your session and it's well worth it. Doesn't cost anything to join.

So I guess, we're ready - and yes, I'll make reservations!!!

My daughter absolutely loves Libby Lu! Yes, I agree make sure you are a V.I.P. member. We love the perks.

I would call and try to reserve a time for when they open. That way there is less chance of a wait and she can enjoy the look all day!

Have a great time!

How much does this cost and do you have the phone numbers to make a reservation? Or do you need a reservation?

Definitely recommend reservations. Go to clublibbylu.com - they've got a page with pricing & packages. Prior to this, we've just made stops in and made a lotion or perfume or got something sparkly. So, I personally can't tell you all the package prices for the make-overs. However, the girls coming out are always delighted!!!

I am so glad this was posted. I thought it was a walkin sort of place. I made a reseeie for DD and couldn't get the initial time slot I wanted. Luckily I could the next one but wow, that was wild for a week and a half from now!:scared:

Lol! Good, I'm glad another little girl will get the benefit out of the girlie stuff too!!! Did you get your VIP club form done to turn in? Do it - it'll save you money.

Can someone tell me what goodies/discounts the VIP club gets you? Dd has had a card for 2 years but we've never brought it when she gets her makeover.

Libby Lu was booked because I forgot to call ahead, so we had DD's hair done at the Princess Fantasy Faire. There was about a 10 minute wait (though I hear it is usually longer), and it only took about 10 minutes for them to finish. I paid $30 for a princess style. DD's hair is too short to do a big up-do, but they pulled it back and put ribbons and glitter and flowers in it. It was really cute, but next time I want to try Libby Lu, because it seems like a better deal.

I was looking into Libby Lu, and also the Princess Fantasy Faire anyone have any ideas which one would be the better bet? Princess seems like fun since we will be there to do the faire anyway, but for the money would it be better going to Libby. I know they book extremely fast, so I wanted to know whether I better jump on it, or just do the other. I think a 3 y/o would be fine. Mine is 3, and will be turning 4 and is heavy heavy into Princesses, so this will be what we do on her birthday.

Well, we skip the PFF - because the lines can be huge and incredible and for toddlers, that's just a no-go. I didn't realize they did hair there though. We do Ariel's Grotto for our princess time.

I actually love Libby Lu - the stuff smells nice, not icky perfumey, is nice and glittery, they have a real firm grasp on what's hot for little girls without going overboard or making your daughter look, well, in a way a mom wouldn't be too happy with. They're young and hip and it's a neat experience - of course the music video thing would be cool to have forever too! It's a Bath & Body Works type thing for little girls - with sparkles, gotta have those! Plus they have the make a pooch things too - so if something isn't going well with your child, you have options to switch gears there.

The discount ranges - I believe it's around 10% but sometimes around 20%?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter