DTD Hotels???

Halloween Baby

Mouseketeer
We were hoping to stay on-site but really would prefer to have a suite room of some sort. We have a toddler and will need to have a place for him to nap while we are still up and about in the room... I want to stay around the same price as a value resort and still have the shuttle service if possible. Am I looking for the impossible?? Any suggestions? I am an AAA member, if that helps.

Also, we are not opposed to staying out of DTD, but we need to have a reliable shuttle service. Renting a car is just too expensive (unless we can get a great room for a lot less!!).

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!:thumbsup2

We are not staying in a suite but we were able to get a room (plus $10 a day parking) the holiday inn DTD for about what we would have paid for a value. (One value was slightly more expensive and the others were less than $10 cheaper.) We will have a king bed and a sofa bed. The rooms also have a mini fridge and a microwave which is a big plus to us. The only other hotel that I saw in this price range is the Best Western DTD which is a bit cheaper than the Holiday Inn.

Check out the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. It has great amenities, as well as, shuttle service and is the closest non-disney resort...next to Carribean Beach Resort and down the road from Downtown Disney. Prices are pretty good if you go through Vacation Strategy. Check out the threads on this site for more information.

BC shuttle is not even close to WDW transportation.

the ones at DD arrive every 30 minutes - so they are pretty good.

you might try renting a reservation from a DVC member - but for the same price as a value you might get a studio - but not a 1-bedroom - which I think you are asking.

We stayed at Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista last November the night before we checked in to POR and I think it was pretty close to everything plus value pricing. We paid either $69 or $77 that night.

A friend of mine stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista last October and she told me that while it was an older hotel it was very clean and they had free, reliable shuttle service and pricing wasn't bad either.

Hope this helps some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter