• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DTD- Club Libby Lu

stagemomx3

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to give a "heads up" to those who are visiting Disneyland and want to visit Club Libby Lu in Downtown Disney. If you want your child to get a make-over there, call and make an appointment asap. I took my dd to our local CLL yesterday and I was talking to the employees there and they told me that DTD Libby Lu was taking appointment reservations 3 months out. Since our 3 month mark is fast approaching I thought I would call and confirm that with DTD. When I called today the girl told me that they are already taking appointments for March 07, she said "Basically as soon as you know you are coming call and make an appointment." Now I had no problem getting an appointment on the day I wanted, but I'm going off season, so for those going in the busier months it would probably be more important to call early.

This is true.

We just got in from our Disney trip last night. I also checked into getting my daughter in for a makeover at Club Libby Lu and was told that they not able to take reservations and that they were done on a first come, first serve basis. I showed up Saturday 7/22 at 7:30 am (they opened at 8 am), was first in line and my daughter was able to get her makeover.

I had also heard that they didn't take reservations, but apparently they do now. I'm glad you got your dd her make over even without the reservation!

A little more info- you can make a res- but they will charge you at the time you reserve. They charge you for the cheapest package, so about $25. It is nonrefundable. If you can't make it, they will let you buy product for that amount or come back anytime up to a year. They do take walk ups. When we booked in March all I could get was an evening on a Sunday. When we got there on Friday we called and asked if they were busy. They said if we came right then (about 11 am) they could get us in, they had room for two walk ins. We went, waited about 1/2 hour, and my dd got her make over. We were able to just transfer our Sunday payment over to Friday. So, dont give up if you dont have a res, and dont feel like you have to wake up at 6am to get in line.

That's true about charging you at the time, I forgot that part, which the local CLL did not do when I made a reservation. They did charge me the $25, but mine was for a party of 2 girls.

My DD has had two make-overs at the DTD CLL. This trip she has decided she doesn't want a make-over. We have always called to make a reservation. Our November trip we did not pay in advance but by January we did. The pre-arranged make-overs are done in the back of the store. The first come first serve make-overs are done in the front of the store.

DD really likes the Grizzly river rapids and swimming so she has decided the make-over does not last long and is not worth the money. I love it when kids get older and really think about what to spend their money on. This trip she wants to buy a Minnie Mouse alarm clock for when school starts.:thumbsup2

rsschneck said:
DD really likes the Grizzly river rapids and swimming so she has decided the make-over does not last long and is not worth the money. I love it when kids get older and really think about what to spend their money on. This trip she wants to buy a Minnie Mouse alarm clock for when school starts.:thumbsup2

Smart girl! My dd opted to get her ears pierced at LL and a hair wrap at Universal instead of a makeover last time. This time the makeovers are for Halloween night, I've scheduled them for just before Mickey's Halloween Treat. So the girls will get into their costumes and then get their makeover and then head to the Halloween party.

Could someone please tell me more about club Libby lu? What exactly is done for a little girl?

If you go to their site you can see some pictures of various types of makeovers. They have 4-5 styles to choose from. All include hair being done, as well as a little makeup and some glitter. You also get to choose some products from various parts of the store depending on the price you paid. I think we spent $25, and had something free with a coupon in the Disney S. CA book. DD got a make over, a little backpack, some fairydust glitter, a few types of lip gloss and some hair things.

She loved it, and wants to go back.

We were in Libby-Lu last week and the little girls in there were really enjoying being pampered, it was great to stand and watch them and they came out looking so pretty.
I bought my dog a hat from there, its a VIP hat(very important princess!!) and it looks cute on her.
Just wish my daughter was 10 years younger...lol.
Love Ella

thanks so much for the heads up on that one...we are going the weekend after Thanksgiving and I wanted to take my god daughter to Libby Lu for a princess makeover since she has every single princess dress out there lol she has one for every day we go lol and I wanted to get her in first thing when they open so I made an appt and was able to get her in at 9am...and indeed they are taking appts through march of 07...whew that works.... :dogdance:

disneegrl4eva said:
we are going the weekend after Thanksgiving

This makes me feel better! ;) I was feeling a little weird that I had already made appointments for Halloween.

It sounds like if you are not picky about time of day walk in appointments would still work. I knew that I wanted a specific time, so I'm glad I was able to get a call in and make an appointment for the time I wanted. Of course now I can't remember if I made the appointment for 5 or 5:30 so I'm going to have to call back and ask. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter