DTD Check In

I believe it is open from 8am to 1pm. We used it lat Saturday and it was brilliant.

Sue

Yeah I used it last Saturday but it is in a completely different place to the last time I used it, right at the far end off DTD outside Cirque.

I thought they must have shut it down again.

Wow, is this open again?! When I went a year ago in feb it was closed after 911.

Great news for me I love Downtown Disney like you wouldn't believe!!!

hi i have just picked up the new virgin brochure for 2004 2005 and it says that it opens at 8.30 and that it is free to use, are they charging now and not in 2004, its worth checking with virgin if you are going soon susie

In these times Virgin needs all the "money schemes" it can get.

I dont mind paying $5 for the advantage this service brings.

:cool:

It was very quiet on Sunday when we used it around 9.30. Not a lot of bags in the lorrys either, but spoke to the lady at check-in and she said they were checking in around 300 to 350 a day

David :D

We used it in Nov and had to pay $5 pp, we are going again in Feb 2005 so it's great news if its going to be free.

Sue

Originally posted by Tinkabelle
and did you have to pay $5 David???

Unfortunately yes, but I am glad to see that it appears to be going back to free of charge.

For $10, which is what about £6, its a great way to gain a few extra precious hours on your last days holiday.

David :D

We used it on Monday just past. We were there at about 10.30 am and they have 2 check-in agents, one security guard and 2 baggage handlers with 2 lorries that wern't even 25% full.

We were the next in the queue and there seemed to very quick. We were on the 20.40 flight so we spent til lunchime in DTD and the afternoon in Mall at Millenia. Arrived at the airport just after 6pm and walked straight into the security check, bypassing all the rest standing at the ordinary check-in.

Thanks for everyones replies.

I have now used the service. We arrived back this morning. It was $5 and we just paid at the desk on arrival. We arrived at opening which was at 8.30 and there was hardly anyone there.

Just to add a little bit more about checking of your bags. We locked all our cases and out of the 10 cases checked in by our party only one of them had been searched. (Although when I opened the case I could not even tell they had searched it - everything was as i'd packed it.

Becky

hi, for those of you just back, did you have dollar car rental, we are arriving on the 11.15 flight which lands about 3,30 what time did you have to take the car back if you where on the 20.40 flight, as we thought it had to be back at the same time as you picked it up, which would be 3.30 hope this makes sense, we are arriving at 3.30 and leave at 20.40 what time do we have to give the car back without being charged for another days rental, thanks susie :confused:

Hi Susie. If the car rental is part of a Virgin Holidays package then you have a two-hour grace period when returning the car. Depending on how long it takes you to go through baggage reclaim and immigration you'll probably hit the Dollar desk around 4.00 - 4.30pm, which will mean you need to get car back by 6.00 - 6.30pm on the final day of your holiday.

The paperwork you receive from the Dollar counter will show the actual pick-up time, so just add two hours to this and remember to give yourself some breathing space just in case.

Hope this helps.

Paul

thanks paul, thats a great help, every other time we have been we have sat in the airport for hours, wow another day to plan thanks again susie

No problem. Just thought of one other thing - make sure you check the receipt you get when handing back the car. They overcharged me last time and I didn't notice until I was on the plane! Dollar fixed it all via email and have given me a free upgrade next trip, but it's worth taking a minute to confirm what you've paid for.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter