• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DSA at Saphirre falls

smidgy

dimples
I am sorry to have to ask this. but hubby had gone back to smoking......we quit together jan 25 will be 6 years. for me... he has been strugglin for a few years now. back and forth.

ok,, collective SIGH!!!!

so where are the DSAs at saphirre falls? anyone know.?thanks

if no one posts on their locations, you will get the hotel map when you check in.

the TM's will be able to tell you the dsa areas.

thanks. I thought if I knew ahead of time it might affect my room request. Id' like him to be able to get there on his own without the wheelchair, as I don't want to sit in the DSA inhaling smoke waiting for him lol

Why don't you call the hotel directly?

They can tell you what rooms are closer to the dsa
And you could ask them to add one of those rooms as a request before you arrive

HI, my husband enjoys a cigar every now and then-there is a smoking area when you head out to the dock area to catch the boat-coming out the door it's on the left hand side. I can't remember where else he went around Sapphire-there might be an additional one around the pool area, but can't remember for sure. The staff at the front desk are super nice, when you check in ask them. Universal seems more liberal with their smoking areas than Disney is.

HI, my husband enjoys a cigar every now and then-there is a smoking area when you head out to the dock area to catch the boat-coming out the door it's on the left hand side. I can't remember where else he went around Sapphire-there might be an additional one around the pool area, but can't remember for sure. The staff at the front desk are super nice, when you check in ask them. Universal seems more liberal with their smoking areas than Disney is.
What, more liberal! Everyone on here assured me that Universal is better than Disney for smoking areas. I haven't been back to WDW since I had at least 3 asthma attacks at Pop in less than 5 hours at the hotel. I know they did some changes to the resort smoking areas after I returned home. I didn't even spend one night at Pop that trip they moved me to another resort, where I had zero asthma attacks during the 14 days!

What, more liberal! Everyone on here assured me that Universal is better than Disney for smoking areas. I haven't been back to WDW since I had at least 3 asthma attacks at Pop in less than 5 hours at the hotel. I know they did some changes to the resort smoking areas after I returned home. I didn't even spend one night at Pop that trip they moved me to another resort, where I had zero asthma attacks during the 14 days!

I was only asking where the DSAs are, so my husband doesn't accidentally break the rules. out of respect for people like you. I started a thread asking for information, not to debate. thanks.

thanks for the info, Lynnfitz! I'm guessing there will be one near the pool bar.

You are doing fine Smidgy

We won't be having any debate here

We are here to answer your questions as you need the info before going

Personal opinions can be taken to the pm system

I wasn't trying to start a debate. I'm just worried now as someone posted that the DSA are more liberal at Universal.

I stay at rpr
The only ashtrays I see there are 3 of them along the walkway around the outer side of the pool

Ashtray by tower 1 and tower 3 entrance doors to the ground level lobby for the elevators

I have seen 2 ashtrays near two different benches on the sidewalk outside of the pool

Those are the only ashtrays I have seen at rpr

Assume they are there due to it being a hotel that handles a lot of conventions

Have walked around the hotel and those are the only areas where I have seen them

Assume they are limited at hrh and pbh as when j have been there, noticed just a couple of them

No idea about Cbay or SF

Thanks macraven, do you know if there is a map of City Walk available anywhere? I know others mentioned that might be an area for me to be careful in. I will have my TA put in a request that my room is not near a DSA (shouldn't be anyway as I booked tower at CB) and will also double check when I check in.

Hi Smidgy- My husband can't remember where else at Sapphire he went-I do know at Islands of Adventure, it's sort of on the "side" of the Discovery Center in the Jurassic Park area, there is a designated smoking area. I think if you are standing in front of the discovery center it's to the right side-I remember that because we ended up meeting him there one afternoon. He also had a cigar at City Walk in the Margarittaville bar they have outside-it's across from the restaurant. There are tables with umbrellas there, and the tables a little further back by the water had ash trays. It was a great place to stop in the afternoon walking back to Sapphire for a nice cold drink!

thanks! I called today and was told there is one near the entrance driveway and one near the pool bar. glad about the one near the pool, as I don't want to have to push him in his wheel chair if it is too far for him to walk.. (jan. will be 6 years we wuit together! yay! for me! he crumbled after 3 and a half years :( ) his choice, but i don't relish sitting in the dsas myself. and after the year he's had with major back surgery (not to mention his macular degereation) I'm not going to take away his smoking now.

Smidgy I remember when you both quit smoking

I know it was hard for you To quit but it's been over 6 years and I am sure you feel better now

I totally understand you can't make a fuss over his smoking
If it were me in your situation, I would do the same

Get the info now so you know what section of the hotel to request your room

Glad it's working out Smidgy! The front desk staff were super friendly when I was there-we ended up changing our room, we had a sapphire suite, but the first room we had was on the first floor looking at the pool, I'm sure some people would have been fine with it, but for us, we like to keep the curtains open a bit to enjoy the view, and we felt like we would have absolutely no privacy. The front desk was super nice about it! Wouldn't have been a big deal if we couldn't move, but they were great about it-

just got home today from disney.. we stayed at SFR before our disney stay. reporting back.

I am happy to say there are quite a few DSAs at this resort. in the pool area there is one near guest house 2 (where we stayed.) it is not too far from the pool bar, around a building with many umbrella tables. on the other side of the pool, near guest houe 1 there is a DSA not far from the cabana where you pick up the towels.

there was also a DSA outside one of the pool entrances from guest house 2. ( I don't know much about the other 2 guest houses.) and a DSA not far from the waterfall viewing area by guesthouse 2.

as you walk to the boat dock, (which is near guest house 3) you will pass a deck outside the Amatista restaurant. there is a table there that is a DSA so you can stop for a smoke on the way to or from the boat dock.. (it's set off, so as not to interfere with guests going and coming to the dock.)

also there is a deck outside of strong water tavern and the entire deck allows smoking. (amatista is on level 1. the tavern is on level 4, same as the lobby)
they told us there was one outside the main entrance, but my husband never used that one.

we gt a great room on level 2 (which in the pool level) not far from the elevator and a straight shot to a few pool entrances. nebo quickly found the one with the dsa. and it wasn't a long complicated walk to.. which would become.. "our" table. lol due to h is low vision. straight shots are important. he could walk thusly."put the garbage can on your left, the towel return on your right turn left and head for the wall" and a couple loungers by the table (the middle table of 3) once "our" table lol was taken! gasp!how dare they?

anyway, we found it very convenient.

the weird thing is from guest house 2, 2nd floor, you have to take the elevator UP to floor 4 (lobby) go across the catwalk TO the lobby cross the lobby and take the elevator near the grab and go back down to floor 1 for the boat. there really was no good way to just go down from floor 2 to floor 1 and get to the boat dock (unless I missed something?)

it's a beautiful resort.

amatista? meh. pretty nice and bright, which nebo loved, but the food was so so.. and not enough choices, we didn't eat at the tavern. we ate twice at the Dhrum club pool bar (actually at a table) and the nachos are amazing!!!! but, be aware, they include 18% "service charge" no matter how many in the party. it does say so on the menu, but I missed that. and the server failed to mention it.. even tho the tip was included, there was still a line marked "tip" on the receipt. I always tip 20% and got back to the room and looked at it. I tipped twice! and I tipped on the tip! I had to go back and talk to a manager to have the extra tip removed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter