• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DS news! Prepares to sell

Cindy: one reason some of us have hope is a recent letter (in the last week) from Andy Mooney, the head of Consumer Products, who is now head of the stores as well, since Whitford left. In this letter, he pledged to act upon what we (CMs) have been telling upper management for the last few years. He promised to listen to us more in the future, and to change the product mix as we requested (on behalf of our guests) for Q1 (Oct-Nov-Dec). He said a few other things I cannot post here.

It was the first "good " news we have heard in a few weeks, so many of us are again hopeful that perhaps things could work out.... this is why many of us CMs feel that we are on YOUR side, the guest's side that is, we are your ally in this situation. We are the ones telling anyone who will listen, the guests want more of this (adults, figurines, etc), and less of that (plush).

I think it was rude. And No, I don't still have issues.

Simply stating what I felt and do feel. Probably good thing for you, good for the store and for the cast that worked under you.

Originally posted by MelissathePooh
As a CM I have to take issue with one thing about the state of the "show" and neatness of the stores. While payrolls are bareboned and staffing is short - part of the problem is guest behavior.

I couldn't agree with you more about guest behavior. I had so wanted to add that to my previous posts, but just figured that once again I would be accused of being bitter and putting the blame on guests, where some on here feel that no blame lies.

I have some of the most fantastic guests who go so far as to not step on things on the floor, take an item off a hanger at checkout when we are busy,and those that have terrific attitudes and who enjoy the magic we try and promote, and love getting a bargain. Lately, I've encountered more of the "me" guests, its all about "me". I've seen guests "kick" an item that has made its way to the floor instead of picking it up and putting it on a table to get it out of their way. I've seen parents watch 2 of their kids make their way to the top of the plush and "fight" with the animals and not say a word, and when we ask them to come down for their own safety, get a "look" from the parent. I've had guests come in trying to return and get refunded for items they got for free! I pick up empty soda cups, food wrappers etc., that someone didn't just drop and not realize it, they have left their trash for others to clean up when there are litter baskets right out in front of our store.

I know those complaints aren't everyone, and has veered off the topic of messy stores, but you see, the guests DO play a part in the big picture.

WE have some pretty decent guest in our store as well. The past three shifts I have worked (Wed night, Fri night & Sat am) I have been merchandising like crazy. A majority of the guests I have encounterd have moved out of my way (carring lots of stuff can be heavy) and will wait until i have relieved my burden before asking a question. Considering we have been SO busy the past couple of weeks (it's like Christmas in June), we have had more polite guests than we have had in awhile. It's people like this that add to my upbeat frame of mind. I could sure use it, as I just caught a cold and have to work BOTH my jobs for the next three days!

Happy Father's Day!

Europa, I am sorry that you feel TDS has failed you. However,I can only speak for my store. We provide the absolute best service we can. When it comes to our guests, we are very empathetic (CM's are shoppers too!). Believe it our not, we do understand. Whenever a guest has a suggestion we pass it along, we offer other areas for which they can ( hopefully!) find what they are looking for. There is only so much that we can do. All I can ask for is if or when you come back to any of the Stores this comes to mind. We are going to be recieving an adult line as well as infants soon. If this is a "too little too late situation" for you or other "former guests" it would be sad to see. We are reprsentative's for the Co. but there is only so much that we can take and do. All we ask for is the same respect that you would expect in return.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter