• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DS games for 6 year olds?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions for Nintendo DS games for 6 year old boys? We just got used ones for my sons, but not sure what would be good games since they can't read very much. I hate spending money if they can't play them! Also, any good games they can connect together to play? They have Leapsters and have played the Wii.

Thanks!

My kids LOVE Mario Kart to play together and all ages played together. DS also says Super Mario Bros ds (and he added that he wants that game, lol, we don't have it).

my DS likes his dog game, cooking mama is fun,
any of the lego games are good (DS likes the star wars one and batman)
if you get the games at game stop and they are used - if it is too hard they will exchange it
jennifer

Any of the Mario games are great - our 4 year old has a DS and she loves it...she does read at all yet.

I second the Mario games!! We have Super Bros., Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2,and Mario Party. You can download these with another kid, too, and they LOVE this!

My DS also loves the Kirby games very much.

He has had more problems figuring out the Lego, Ben 10, and some of the Pokemon games. They require too much reading.

I agree with the Mario games and there is also a Hot Wheels game that my DS loves, he just turned 8 but had the game since last year. My DS also likes Carnival and anything sports related. Even the "old style" arcade games are good, there is 1 for the nintendo ds that has a bunch of the old style games on it.

Thanks for all of the help! :goodvibes

Dumb question- with the game sharing, do both kids have to have the game cartridge for them both to play, or does only one?

My 5½ yo ds loves Mario Kart (as does my 41 yo dh & my 8 yo dd).

They can play MK with only one game. Heck my dh has played that one online too but he always loses when he does that.

My kids like Super Mario Bros too but that one they need 2 of to play with one another.

My DS 6 and 8 love the Mario as well. They also play with the Lego ones mentioned - Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones. We have a couple of the Mystery ones where you have to find things hidden in the pictures. That's fun too.

bumping, just got the great priced DS at target and was wondering about games for a 5 and 7 year old. Need more ideas!!

Thanks for all of the help! :goodvibes

Dumb question- with the game sharing, do both kids have to have the game cartridge for them both to play, or does only one?

It depends on the game, DD has some that they both have to have the game and some where just 1 has to have it.

I would also look into Diddy Kong Racing, DD10, DN9, and DN4 all love that game

My DS just turned 7 last week, he got Ninja Town and loves it. It got really good reviews. Think I paid 19.99 for it at Best Buy.

My guys love Super Mario Bros & Mario Kart
These are the games that I would avoid for that age: Over the Hedge, Open Season, Ratatouille Food Frenzy and Cars. Some of these games require too much reading for a 6 yr old, although they do play them more now than when I bought them but they do tend to get frustrated because of the reading. Hope this helps.

My six yr old loves all the Lego games-Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Batman. He also likes the Transformer games. I bought him the I Spy game because he likes the books but there is too much reading for him to play it alone.

My son is now 9, but he's had some of his games since he was six. The Lego games are his favorite, Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, but he also loves the Backyard Sports games. They have Football, Baseball and Basketball. They are now too easy for him, but he still loves to play them anyway. Sonic is another favorite.

Remember that a DS will also play GBA games which you can find used and cheap.

regards

We have tons of games, but we have Spongebob Drawn to Life game and we were at a baseball game the other night and all of the 8 year olds wanted to play this game while their brothers played in the game. My DD, 4 years old, also loves this game. You get to use the pen a lot and that is fun for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter