DS doesn't want to be Peter Pan

karinbelle

DIS Veteran
but I so want him to dress up as Peter Pan to play against our baby who I want to be Tinkerbell.

He's 8 and she'll be 9 months old. He wants to be Anakin Skywalker. I told him he could dress up for the day at MGM, but do MNSSHP as Peter Pan, but he just does not want to.

Any ideas on how I can talk him into it? Maybe a flat-out bribe to be spent at Lego store in DTD?

Now, I can understand making a kid eat their veggies or do their homework, but why would you want to make him be a character he doesn't want to be? I wouldn't bug him or bribe him. I'd let him be the character he wants to be. I you think there's a chance he'll change his mind (without being pestered) take the extra costume and maybe he'll re-think how cool it would be...but don't count on it. :confused3

Ohhh....take it from a mom with older children (DD13).
They are only young (and willing to dress up for Halloween) for a short time.
I would let him wear what he wants to wear!!

But, I agree with the above poster...bring the other costume along in case he changes his mind.
And anyway, your DD will be cute as Tinkerbell even if your DS isn't Peter Pan.

**BTW, I think my DS9 was Anakin Skywalker a few years ago!

He was Anakin last year.

I know, I'll just let him be Anakin again this year -- but I do wish he'd go along with me LOL

I don't know a single self respecting 8 yr old boy who would willingly be Peter Pan!!! Oh the horror, tights a tunic, funny hat....... You may have got away with it at 4 or 5 but no way at 8. Let him be what he wants because who is the dressing up really for him and his enjoyment or you?

If you insist on a Peter pan theme maybe he would be Captain Hook? or how about making the baby be a baby Ewok? I've seen some adorable baby Ewok costumes

You think trying to get your DS to be Peter Pan is bad???? I was able to convince DS(3) to be Peter Pan, DD (7) to be Tinker Bell, DH (yes DH) to be Hook & I am going to be Wendy...I have told everyone that NO ONE can back out now because I have bought the cotumes already! Good Luck

I would let him be what he wants.

And from someone who doesn't get along with an adult sibling, partially because of my parental involvement, (trying to put this delicately) please don't fuel sibling resentment. She's just a baby, but he might resent her nonetheless.

Does that make sense?

You think trying to get your DS to be Peter Pan is bad???? I was able to convince DS(3) to be Peter Pan, DD (7) to be Tinker Bell, DH (yes DH) to be Hook & I am going to be Wendy...I have told everyone that NO ONE can back out now because I have bought the cotumes already! Good Luck

LOL!! How about convincing DH to be Peter Pan??? That would be funny (or maybe I'm just imagining my DH as Peter Pan...ROFL :rotfl: !)

Why not go along with him and change the baby to Leia or Amadala (??) or something that goes with what he wants to be? There are so many Star Wars characters to choose from!!

Why not go along with him and change the baby to Leia or Amadala (??) or something that goes with what he wants to be? There are so many Star Wars characters to choose from!!

Or Yoda!! :rotfl: Now, that would be precious. ;):yoda:

Anikin is cool and he was never played by a girl like Peter Pan! :lmao: You have to be alittle older to get that one.

I am the mother of an 8 year old dd and I dont think it will happen. She has her own opinion and there is no convincing her otherwise ( and I am so gald!).

Here's another vote for Yoda for the baby. How cute!

I totally understand where you're coming from, but it's just not worth worrying about. I say this as the mom of a 4 year old going on Year 3 as a Care Bear. :)

My DS's 6 & 4 want to be star wars characters (Jango & Bobba Fett I think)so our DS1 will be yoda. I can't wait!! I would do the Yoda thing w/ the baby or an ewok or R2D2.
You could still let her be Tink, even if they don't match it will still be cute!!
I vote on letting him pick his costume, it always means so much to kids on halloween to be proud of their costume.:goodvibes

I have an 8 year old son and a 7 year old son. I don't want to sound mean but my sons would NEVER dress up as Peter Pan at this age (or even a few years ago). They are into scary/bloody/gross (we don't let them get too gruesome). Trying to talk them into dressing up as peter pan would be like trying to talk them into wearing a dress.

Sorry, it may sound cute but it would embarass the heck out of him.

Looks like you already changed your mind, but once the kids are old enough to have an opinion, I'd let them dress how you want. Half the fun is them picking out what they want to be :)

Reading this thread and LOL because my DS who will be 5 at the end of September is soooooo excited about his Peter Pan costume that he picked out himself at the Disney Store. Ah, well, there's always therapy :dance3:

WHewwwww.... guess I am lucky. DS will 6 1/2 by the time Halloween is here and is going to be Peter Pan. We were just at DL and secretly bought the hat and had his name put on it -- so now "according to Mommy" it is a done deal. He still has the sweet face and the right haircut to pass it off quite well -- next year NO WAY!

Funny thing... he was Jack Sparrow last year when I REALLY wanted him to be PP but did not push the issue then -- glad he is willing to patronize his Mommy.

Now... if I could only get the time to make the costume. Heck... I just might buy it from the Disney Store.

Anikin is cool and he was never played by a girl like Peter Pan! :lmao: You have to be alittle older to get that one.

:eek: OMG!! I didn't realize that I'm getting to be old!!! LOL! I remember watching that one on TV when I was little. My DD4 LOVES watching it. My wonderful ex-MIL :rolleyes1 sent it home with her and she would be content to watch it all day long if I'd let her.

My DSis and family are dressing like this for halloween & the P&PP. Can't wait to see DBil :rotfl2:

We thought about doing the Peter Pan characters with the 2 year old as PP and the 8 year old as Captain Hook. That was the only Disney character he would agree to. (Although I think we have changed our minds and decided to be Colts' players.) My DD can dress up like a princess when we eat at the castle a different day.

When my DH gets home, I will see if he can post a picture of the year they were Star Wars characters. Sadly, I have no idea how. It was very, very cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter