Dry Skin and Acne - Help

gate_pourri

<font color=teal>I am Crusty Gizzardsprinkles, ple
So.. I am having some major acne problems (I am in my mid-20s), but also very dry skin. My checks get very dry and peel very easily, whereas my chin area breaks out constantly. I am not sure that to do. Is there any products that don't cause dryness and peeling?

What do you use on your face now and how often do you wash your face. If you are over cleaning your face, you could be causing your acne problem. If I wash my face more then once/day I break out horribly because I dry it out too much and cause my skin to produce too much oil to correct that.

So.. I am having some major acne problems (I am in my mid-20s), but also very dry skin. My checks get very dry and peel very easily, whereas my chin area breaks out constantly. I am not sure that to do. Is there any products that don't cause dryness and peeling?

Cetaphil products. Designed for dry skin. They have cleansers and moisturizers. Can be purchased at most drug stores, Target, Wal-mart.:thumbsup2

Read through their website. :goodvibes
http://www.cetaphil.com/Default.aspx

What do you use on your face now and how often do you wash your face. If you are over cleaning your face, you could be causing your acne problem. If I wash my face more then once/day I break out horribly because I dry it out too much and cause my skin to produce too much oil to correct that.

Right now I am on every other day for my whole face and once every day for just the problem spots (the chin area) using Clean & Clear advantage. I still peel horribly on my one (right side) cheek.

I never had acne as a teen, but it has gotten bad in my mid-20's. In fact, I just went to a dermatologist yesterday because I had tried every product on the market! In addition to putting me on a couple meds (not Accutane, but an oral low dose antibiotic and a topical cream for "problem areas"), he recommended the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. Just started it all today, but keeping my fingers crossed. I am so sick of lathering on makeup to cover this all up, which probably isn't helping the problem at all!

I am a bit older, but have the same problem that I have been fighting for years. The best advice I have ever received was to make sure you exfoliate, exfoliate and did I mention exfoliate. I was told that skin that is prone to acne has a hard time turning itself over and pores become plogged...a good exfoliator works wonders and to also moisturize with a good light oil free moisturizer. I have found over the years that most acne washes and creams would make my skin so dry it hurt and would have breakouts galore...

I am proud to say that with constant exfoliation and a good cleanser, my skin is finally starting to get itself together..I almost feel like a new person:thumbsup2

Right now I am on every other day for my whole face and once every day for just the problem spots (the chin area) using Clean & Clear advantage. I still peel horribly on my one (right side) cheek.

I would try a less harsh soap-Dove for sensitive skin maybe? I use that and I haven't had nearly the problems I had with any other cleanser. What does the pealing look like? Is it red/flaky or just dry skin? If it is red and flaky you might have eczema not dry skin.

I have had this problem my whole life!!! I am in my mid 30s and was born with a condition called ichthyosis. It is a condition that causes extremely dry skin. But I still suffer from major breakouts. The normal products...even cetaphil...dry my skin out and causes flakiness. I have found that the best products for my problem is philosophy's "hope in a jar" moisturizer and Proactiv for my acne. The Proactive has done wonders for my acne. The hope in a jar is a water based moisturizer that does not add any additional oils to my face and controls the flakiness. They are more expensive than other products, but I swear by them!

im 18 and have had acne since i was about 12. i recently started drinking aloe vera juice every day. its pretty helpful. i still get acne but its not nearly as bad. my skin actually looks pretty good right now. i only have about 20mL a day and i mix it with orange juice to mask the taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter