Dry Dock

rsbelote

Earning My Ears
Does any one know when and where Disney will put there ships through dry dock again?

There is speculation, (I say that cause nothing yet official has been released by DCL.) that the Magic will go into a extensive I think 6-8 week dry dock next year at the shipyard where she was built in Italy. At least all indicators point to that.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There is speculation, (I say that cause nothing yet official has been released by DCL.) that the Magic will go into a extensive I think 6-8 week dry dock next year at the shipyard where she was built in Italy. At least all indicators point to that.

I believe there is a gap in the schedule for the Magic during the month of August 2013 that corresponds to the speculated dry dock.

It's also been rumored that the Wonder will have a major drydock in 2014.

Obviously the Dream and the Fantasy are new enough they don't need refurbs.

Is that the one where they will be putting the magic playfloor in the kids club and crush in AP? I thought I read that was supposed to happen in 2013???

Is that the one where they will be putting the magic playfloor in the kids club and crush in AP? I thought I read that was supposed to happen in 2013???

The Magic should be going to dry dock in 2013. The Wonder will not be. Rummer is 2014. Where did you hear specifics?

I didn't know they were going to do Undersea Magic (Crush) in AP on the classic ships.

The last Mediterranean cruise of 2013 ends on September 7, 2013 and the next schedule cruise departs Miami Florida on October 20, 2013. This 6 week gap fits with the rumors of an extensive Magic dry dock.

Zandy595 said:
I didn't know they were going to do Undersea Magic (Crush) in AP on the classic ships.

I hope not.

We are booked on the Magic cruise out of Miami on October 20, 2013. My TA said this would be the first cruise out of dry dock.

PrincessShmoo said:
Me, too. I think each ship should have a bit of "difference" about it.

:cutie:

Honestly for me I find DCL "shows" at dinner extremely annoying. I am there to have a good meal, not talk to some turtle, or draw pictures or anything. I know I am in the minority here but that's just the way I feel.

Honestly for me I find DCL "shows" at dinner extremely annoying. I am there to have a good meal, not talk to some turtle, or draw pictures or anything. I know I am in the minority here but that's just the way I feel.

I agree. It is WAY too chaotic for us.

I know what you mean and I kind of feel the same way. However, I think it keeps a lot of little kids entertained and occupied, who might otherwise get cranky.

I believe there is a gap in the schedule for the Magic during the month of August 2013 that corresponds to the speculated dry dock.

There are no gaps in the Magic's August 2013 schedule:

July 25-August 6 (12-night Med )
August 6-10 (4-night Med)
August 10-17 7-night Med)
August 17-24 (7-night Med)
August 24-31 (7-night Med)
August 31-September 7 (7-night Med)

There are no gaps in the Magic's August 2013 schedule:

July 25-August 6 (12-night Med )
August 6-10 (4-night Med)
August 10-17 7-night Med)
August 17-24 (7-night Med)
August 24-31 (7-night Med)
August 31-September 7 (7-night Med)

It's actually after the last Med cruise.

We are booked on the Magic cruise out of Miami on October 20, 2013. My TA said this would be the first cruise out of dry dock.

We are on this cruise as well WITH our TA who booked it just for that reason!:thumbsup2

always great to see the "disney makeovers" after any dry dock...whatever they add to it...

aan1701 said:

Ha ha! I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I could skip AP altogether and be quite happy. I think we are def in the minority ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter