Drunk teens at SSR bus stop last night

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Well they didn't look old enough to legally drink to me. Interesting ride back to Congress Park last night from the MK at 1:30 am. As we were coming up to the Carousel Stop, there were a group of teens in the side of the road. One of them jumping up and down frantically waving his hands, I thought they must have had some kind of emergency. This guy (tall. lean, dark hair if he belongs to you) was running along side the bus as it came into park, he was within a foot of the bus or less, it looked like. Lady bus driver stops, is yelling at him to move, opens the door and goes out to yell at him outside, went on for several minutes. I could hear the jumping guy saying "I was never in the road" - over and over. She gets back on the bus, opens the door and yells if you want on this bus, shut your mouth and sit down! ONE, the jumping one, bolts on the bus, sits down next to me and reeks of alcohol, yelling at his friends to get on but they look scared LOL. She opens the door again and says "Do you want to join your friends?" and he runs back off. As we take off the bus driver explains that his emergency was he needed to get to the Hess station before 2am. Driver says that's when FL stops selling alcohol and he was begging her to take them there!
I think a little adult supervision might be in order :rotfl: they really didn't look like in 20's but I suppose they could have been. Maybe they are here by themselves but I'm really happy I'm not in the same section they are!
The day before a bus driver had to stop to yell for small children standing in the Springs bus slot to move back before he could pull in, a few times before they got it, he said you never know what can happen in an instant. Not just over the yellow line but a few feet in, don't know where their adults were either.
I feel sorry for the bus drivers. Imagine the stuff they see and deal with.

'Natural Selection' is one of the basic mechanisms of evolution, along with mutation, migration, and genetic drift.

Sounds like you got quite the show of nature! :lmao:

'Natural Selection' is one of the basic mechanisms of evolution, along with mutation, migration, and genetic drift.

Sounds like you got quite the show of nature!

:laughing: And my 10 year old slept through the whole thing! But I'm glad, didn't want it to scare her or take away from the magic :thumbsup2

Just goes to show that WDW is not immune to all the craziness of the "regular world". Thefts, drunkeness, etc all happen there too. I'm glad no one was hurt, and I have seen several instances of people standing too close to a moving bus or running up inside the parking area to get on the bus first.

I agree that being a bus driver probably has its trying moments. Can you imagine what the drivers had to deal with who picked up at Pleasure Island late at night for all those years? :sad2:

I've only been here two days, I can't imagine what they see during a career. You've got to be tough to be a Disney bus driver! Ours was not a big woman but she held her own with them :thumbsup2

On the other hand, this is our first stay at SSr and I think the resort is just lovely!

Ya know, if these guys were underaged, and heaven forbid that they did get hurt, their parents would most likely be the first to go after Disney and the bus driver. Just like what happened a couple of years ago when that child on his bike ran into a bus at Fort Wilderness and got killed.... Certainly not the same situation, but in both cases no parent was to be found....

Just goes to show that WDW is not immune to all the craziness of the "regular world". Thefts, drunkeness, etc all happen there too. I'm glad no one was hurt, and I have seen several instances of people standing too close to a moving bus or running up inside the parking area to get on the bus first.

I agree that being a bus driver probably has its trying moments. Can you imagine what the drivers had to deal with who picked up at Pleasure Island late at night for all those years? :sad2:

Honestly if everyone knew what did go on at WDW, it would raise your hair. :scared1:

Unless you actually witness it, as the OP did, Disney does a very good job of hiding it from the guests.

Exactly what I was thinking and they do a great job of keeping unknown. And it was very later, there were only 6 of us on the bus when it happened, the bus driver didn't back down at all and those guys were bigger than she was. I thought later that maybe they were of age since they wanted to get to that Hess station across from DTD before 2 . . . but then again, maybe they were just drunk! They just looked young to me.

They weren't from Texas were they?

When we were there last week, there was this tall texan kid who we ran into at EPCOT then in the pool, who was drinking lots of beer.

We decided to leave him be.

Well, you dont have to worry he was under age, because there is no way he could have purchased booze without proper Id. Plus if he showed signs of being really drunk the cashier at Hess probably would not have sold him the booze. Too bad kids think they can only have fun being drunk and stupid.

The bus driver training manual needs to be updated to add

GET..ON..THE..RADIO..AND..REQUEST..THE..POLICE..DO..NOT..GET..INTO..A..PEEING.CONTEST.

Well, you dont have to worry he was under age, because there is no way he could have purchased booze without proper Id. Plus if he showed signs of being really drunk the cashier at Hess probably would not have sold him the booze. Too bad kids think they can only have fun being drunk and stupid.

Fake IDs,

No Texas accent, couldn't tell where they were from, but with the way they were acting, I don't think they really thought out the Hess station plan well!

At least they didn't attempt to drive themselves over to Hess :sad2: hopefully they didn't keep further disturbing guests & didn't end up getting hurt and let's hope their hangovers the next day will make them realize consuming excessive amounts of alcoholic beverages is not worth it.

At least they didn't attempt to drive themselves over to Hess hopefully they didn't keep further disturbing guests & didn't end up getting hurt and let's hope their hangovers the next day will make them realize consuming excessive amounts of alcoholic beverages is not worth it.

Yes, I'm assuming they didn't have access to a car - thank goodness and quite sure they felt miserable the next day! I haven't seen any of them again.

Hope this didn't ruin your trip, glad your daughter didn't see it.
Oh thank you, it hasn't ruined our trip in the least - given my daughter didn't see it was a plus. Still wouldn't have ruined our trip but I don't know - it might have frightened her - OR she's not really too timid, she might've just thought they were idiots! I'm glad she didn't see it though, keeps the magic alive for her. We've had a great trip, tomorrow is our last day and sad about that.

The Paddock pool is still under contruction so didn't open early enough for us but we've really enjoyed the High Rocks one.

Thanks!

OP, I'm sorry you ran into this disrupting and somewhat frightening situation.

In 2005, Dh and I were on the GF/WL lodge bus going back to WL from DTD/PI.

Well...these really preppy really drunk teens/early 20s got on the bus and loudly yelled the whole time about how great it was stay at the Grand Floridian, how it was the only place for people like them, and how they would hate to be the poor trash having to stay at Wilderness Lodge. (The behavior really fit in with the bad stereotypes of rich people - and I'm not saying they were anything more than middle class, but were well dressed.)

I really hoped they would get dropped off first. I was relieved to get off the bus, but admit I hated getting off the bus at WL. Luckily, I'm mature enough to know that they were idiots, and we were doing well financially at the time so it really didn't hurt my feelings. I did consider how someone would have felt if they had saved up for years to stay at WL, and ran into those morons.

Oh, that's sad. You know, usually the people that have to talk about how much they have are really the insecure, trying to impress others ones. Probably wasn't how much they had anyway, but their parents - maybe! I have a relative that stays at the GF - on a cast member discount - you just never know the real situation.

I kinda expected the bus driver to call security but she didn't while we were still on the bus, maybe she did after we got off (Congress park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter