Dropped the ball on reservations

Mmouse1588

Mouseketeer
I am the planner in my group and usually get everything we want as far as dining goes no problem. we also usually have s commited itinerary early on and go during least busiest times. This year we are going the week of the 4th of July. we had many changes to the itinerary and who is coming. I was able to get some of what i wanted but not all. And some of what i did get the times are not ideal but acceptable. I check everyday several times a day and nothing has changed as far as new availability. What are the odds that when were actually there that week (8 days 😀) something will open up? Im looking for a sci fi lunch reservation for 4 on july 3rd, id like to move my tusker house breakfast up from 920 to any earlier time. And least likely i feel is my moving my reservation for 10 at ohana dinner on 4th of july later then 335 PM. I think I should probably just be happy with what i have at this point right? Do you find its easier or harder to modify or add dining reservations the week your at Disney?

People change plans and there will be some cancellations the day before. You will probably have better luck with the Sci-fi than you will with Ohana since the number in the party is smaller. Did you sign up for touring plans reservation finder?

There tends to be a lot of movement and openings within 48 hours of the reservation as people cancel to avoid paying the cancellation penalty. You may be able to find something last minute.

First: here is the link to Touring Plan Reservation Finder
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder
Second: I am sorry to say but with a group of 10 and it being Fourth of July, I don't see you being able to the 'Ohana reservation. You might find the times you want for Tusker House and Sci-Fi.

What I would do is when you check-in to your resort, inform the CM of the times you would like to change your reservations to. They might have opening right then and there. If not, check back in at the Concierge Desk every morning before you head out to see if anyone cancelled overnight and your times are open.

Good luck and Safe Travels!!!

Last edited:
I would keep what you have and check the day before and day of as people cancel all the time. You may get lucky but if not, at least you have the places you want even if the times aren't the best.

My 4th of July trip was a last minute kind of thing, and I am doing the same with a few of my ADRs. I have CA Grill for 8:45 on the 4th but would feel better if it was a little earlier. We are just a party of 2, and anytime I get the notice from Touring Plans the new time is gone before I get there ☹️

You can use reservation finder at touring plans. It can help.
Otherwise, keep checking, especially the week and day of. People continually change their plans and cancel reservations all the time.
However, as mentioned, any reservations this close with 10 people will be difficult.
You might have better luck splitting into groups of 4 and 6.

Yes Touring Plans is awesome. We went for 9 days last November and got every time we wanted. For our trip this year I somehow got every reservation we wanted at the 180 window. I'm gonna miss the rush you get when you get the Touring Plans text message and try to book before it's gone.

If you sign up be sure to change the ringtone for touring plans so you know its them and you don't miss it.

TP got me several reservations, including things right in the couple of days beforehand. You can only have two searches active, so I'd go with sci fi and tusker. Given the date and party size, I agree with others that 'Ohana is probably a lost cause.

I usually get whatever I want 1-2 days before. Granted, this is for a group of 4. A group of 10 I would divide into 5 and 5 or 4 and 6 and hope you can sit near each other.

if you want earlier for Tusker but don't get it, I'd show up early and see if they can seat you. The early morning hours tend to be pretty not full, I bet you'd get in.

For Ohana, I love going right when they open - seating is not backed up yet, food is super fresh and service is not rushed because they're not backed up. Think of it as an early sunday supper for the holiday.

For Sci-Fi I'd use TP but it will be tough for 10 there around the holiday. I agree try for 4 and 6 around the same time, you won't fit all 10 in one car anyway so splitting your party is not a huge deal IMO.

Dont give up!!!

Thanks to Mouse Dining I was able to book what we wanted and at the times we wanted, google it and use it, good luck!

Thanks. We are splitting up for a lot of reservations as some ppl dont want to eat at TS as much as others. So we have 4 that want to eat at sci fi, 6 eating at tusker house and all of us 10 eating at ohana. I will continue to check but not holding my breath. Thought maybe better odds when were actually there. I also wanted a party of 2 for sanaa or jiko sunday june 30th at 5 but that was a no go as well. I should have figured things out sooner. Either way im sure well have a fantastic time

Have the same time period booked, just changed an ADR today for party of 3 - BoG for lunch no less. Have gone the same time period for several years, as with other times, many res open a day or two prior, keeping checking or use one of the alert systems out there

I have never not gotten the ADR I want using the TP reservation finder. It texts me when it finds something & I immediately open the WDW app & book. If its not exactly what you want, you do have to go back in the the finder & ask it to start the search again.

I am the planner in my group and usually get everything we want as far as dining goes no problem. we also usually have s commited itinerary early on and go during least busiest times. This year we are going the week of the 4th of July. we had many changes to the itinerary and who is coming. I was able to get some of what i wanted but not all. And some of what i did get the times are not ideal but acceptable. I check everyday several times a day and nothing has changed as far as new availability. What are the odds that when were actually there that week (8 days 😀) something will open up? Im looking for a sci fi lunch reservation for 4 on july 3rd, id like to move my tusker house breakfast up from 920 to any earlier time. And least likely i feel is my moving my reservation for 10 at ohana dinner on 4th of july later then 335 PM. I think I should probably just be happy with what i have at this point right? Do you find its easier or harder to modify or add dining reservations the week your at Disney?
The touring plans dining reservation finder has been a huge help for me. We are there the same week as you. Although we spilt it into 2 groups of 3 and 4, we were able to get Ohana reservations using it on 7/3. Both reservations are within 10 minutes. We may be at seperate tables, but at least we got good reservation times and will be there at the same time.

Last edited:
I have never not gotten the ADR I want using the TP reservation finder. It texts me when it finds something & I immediately open the WDW app & book. If its not exactly what you want, you do have to go back in the the finder & ask it to start the search again.
Click the link in the text from Touring plans rather than going to your MDE app. It will take you to that specific time and have you log into your MDE account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter