Droid X vs. Samsung Fascinate

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
These are the two phones I've narrowed it down to when I upgrade with Verizon.

I like the feel of the Fascinate. It's a little slimmer and nicer looking. Droid X seems "clunky?"

Verizon online has the Fascinate for $199, but I was just at Walmart tonight, and they have it for $48.88.

Would I be making a bad choice if I didn't get the Droid X? I've heard good things about it.

I have the fascinate w/ Verizon and I love it. Have had no problems at all with it and the best part was I got it on black friday for 1 penny:cool1: Mine is white and I am always getting compliments on it, my boss is a dedicated iphone user and he was jealous of mine ha ha. Had I knowen that verizon was finally going to get the iphone I might have waited. But I really do love my phone when I can manage to steal it from my 3 yr old.:lmao:

Dh and I have the Fascinate and my FIL has the X. His is really clunky and heavy and just doesn't feel comfortable in my hand. He is also not pleased with the photos it takes. We love our fascinates and I think it takes really good photos (for a phone of course).

I LOVE my Droid X! It does not feel clunky in my hands at all and I have small hands! I went from the LG Env3 to the X and I have no problems holding the X at all. I can't recommend it enough......
I was chosing between the X and iPhone and I really feel I made the perfect choice, this is the first time I've been able to say "I LOVE MY PHONE" and absolutely mean it!

I have the Fascinate. I also purchased it on black friday for $1. I have been very pleased with the phone. No problems. Im always downloading apps and using the internet. I am actually viewing this site on my phone right now. My phone also works well with my car.

I have the Droid X, my husband has the Fascinate. He choose it because its slimmer and fits in his pocket better. It was a chore to customize it his way but once he finished he's had nothing but positive things to say about his phone.

I carry my phone in my purse and it doesn't feel clunky or heavy to me. This is my first smartphone and the Droid was incredibly easy to navigate. I love my phone.

My SIL switched from an iphone to a Fascinate. She's a hard core Mac addict; needless to say, she hates her phone. She is used to a Mac set up and the Fascinate is very PC.

verizon customer btw. i had my blackberry for over 2 years and i wanted to get a new phone before all the 4g phones come out because i heard that the 4g service MIGHT cost more than the current 3g service. i didn't want to take that chance. so i narrowed it down to the iphone4 and droid x. i shopped around and of course the iphone price never goes down($199) and bestbuy had the droid x ($199), and the verizon store ($150). i was still not sure. but what won me over was that costco had the droid x for $50. i bought it that day when i just went for some toilet paper, lol.

my thing is. both phones are great. the point is i don't wanna pay 200 bux for a phone that is almost a year old!! that's why i was sold for 50 bux on the droid x. i love it!

I have the Droid Global (same as X but with dual chip and keyboard) and I love it. I, too, was waiting for the iPhone to come out on Verizon but I was going on a trip to the Middle East this past October so I finally just bit the bullet and bought the Droid. I love it and could care less that the iPhone is available now.

It's a little big but it still easily fits in my pocket but most times I carry it in my purse. I've never had a problem with the size. I love all the apps and how easy it is to use!

Best of luck with your decision!

I have the fascinate and my only complaint is the short battery life. I usually have to charge it midday.

Fascinates here too! DH's uncle has a Droid and has had issues with it, it freezes up and he'll have to take the battery out to get it going again... him and his girlfriend have that issue. DH and I love our Fascinates. Even more so since I found a free app to put my apps in folders :laughing: But really, we've had no issues with them and mine survived going "swimming" in the mop water (what a panic THAT was!) :upsidedow

I do not have any issues with battery. I don't use it a lot, I get on the internet a few times a day, don't use the phone a lot. DH is on it a LOT mostly talking and he's usually good with his battery until early evening. Occasionally he needs to charge it during the day, but not most times. So I really think the battery life will depend on how you use it.

dh bought me the droid X back in November when it was BOGO at $199. He got a $100 rebate and some other offer for another $100 back so they were free.. :thumbsup2 thats all I really cared about anyhow it seems like a good phone so far. There seems to be alot of apps, etc. No real issues with it so far.

I have the Droid X, my husband has the Fascinate. He choose it because its slimmer and fits in his pocket better. It was a chore to customize it his way but once he finished he's had nothing but positive things to say about his phone.

I carry my phone in my purse and it doesn't feel clunky or heavy to me. This is my first smartphone and the Droid was incredibly easy to navigate. I love my phone.

My SIL switched from an iphone to a Fascinate. She's a hard core Mac addict; needless to say, she hates her phone. She is used to a Mac set up and the Fascinate is very PC.

This is me to a T! :) It's my first smart phone and I wonder how in the world I lived without it? LOL I love my phone!!! :) I sometimes carry mine in my back jeans pocket (when I go out because I NEVER have a purse in a bar, everything is in my pockets) and it fits in there just fine! :)

I have the Droid X and love it!

:thumbsup2

I LOVE my Droid X! It does not feel clunky in my hands at all and I have small hands! I went from the LG Env3 to the X and I have no problems holding the X at all. I can't recommend it enough......
I was chosing between the X and iPhone and I really feel I made the perfect choice, this is the first time I've been able to say "I LOVE MY PHONE" and absolutely mean it!

LOL - I could have written that post.

I'm not familiar with the Fascinate, but I LOVE the Droid X. Yes, it was a little awkward coming from the smaller Env3 - but it is GREAT. Why did I wait so long?

I just went through this on Monday and could have written this post :lmao:. I ended up going with the Fascinate and it should be here tomorrow. I didn't like the heaviness of the Droid, didn't need a slide out keyboard, and wanted a bigger screen. DH and his sister have the Fascinate and love it!

Another vote for the Droid X! I've had mine for about 5 months now and it took a little getting used to after 2 blackberry smartphones. It is a little bigger than most phones but I love the larger screen and its easy to learn. When I was researching Android phones on a technical forum, the users unanimously liked the functionality of the X over other available droid phones at that time. Take some time to research over at the androidcentral forums.

Good luck with your decision.
Dawn

I don't know anything about the Fascinate, but I love my DroidX. I switched from an iphone/AT&T and the DroidX is the closest thing to an iphone. It has HD video, takes 8 MP photos and lots more! I love the size of the DroidX screen and I find it easier to read the screen than on an iphone. I downloaded all the news apps and pretty much "read" my news on my DroidX.

And the best part! I found the DroidX online at Wirefly.com for $29 and my local verizon store "matched" the price in the store. I know some people who have gottn it for free. A 32G iphone would have cost $299:scared1: I also got Verizon to waive the activation fee ($35) because Verizon's own website said it would waive the fee if you purchased online. My store matched that too.:banana: There is no slide-out keyboard on the DroidX, it is all "touch screen".

I've been researching phones, so this thread drew my attention when it was started and I've been coming back since then to read all of the opinions. So, thanks to those who have shared!

I was able to upgrade today and went with the Droid X. I got it free from Wirefly, and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can play with it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter