Driving!

MickeyFan18

Mouseketeer
So its been officially decided, im driving to Disneyland this December... I swore I would never drive again but since thats what the rest of the group is doing, ill suffer. That being said i am demanding that we take the coast since ive never done it and really i dont wanna stare at cows all day :)

So we will leave early in the am and take our time seeing the sights. We live just south of SF, which places should we make sure to see... Oh and remember we are doing this in just a day so we are talking more like drivig through or just quick stops! Thanks so much!!!

Since you're just south of SF and "taking the coast", I assume that means you're driving Highway 1 down Big Sur. Wonderful driving trip. Mostly, you'll just want to take your time, and stop at plenty of turnouts to enjoy the coastal scenery. An iconic one, early in your trip that you'll want to make sure to stop at, is Bixby Bridge.

If you were taking more time, I'd suggest taking a couple of hours to enjoy Point Lobos, and again for an hour or so at Pfeiffer Beach. You may want to take the Pfeiffer Beach stop anyway -- it's beautiful. Also, if you're there any time around lunch time, I'd stop for lunch at Nepenthe's. Kinda pricey, but views of a lifetime.

Enjoy the trip!

-Bob

My recommendation would be to stop in Solvang for lunch. It's a great little Danish community located between Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara (about 7 miles east of Hwy 101). It's a very charming little town with some great restaurants. A really cool stop for lunch, and some shopping.

If you do stop in Solvang (20 minutes east of me!) I recommend a restaurant called Chomp. Good food and a great, casual vibe. It's a favorite of ours when we are in the area.

If you happen to be in San Luis Obispo on a Thursday night, they have a fun farmer's market (and stop by bubble gum alley to add your contribution).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter