Driving to port the night before. How to return the car?

dskib

DIS Veteran
Ok. We're planning on flying in the day before our cruise and thinking of picking up a car and driving down to the Port, returning the car, spending the night at a hotel and taking the shuttle to the ship. Does anyone know if the rental companies will drive us back to the hotel after we return the car?

Thanks!

Ok. We're planning on flying in the day before our cruise and thinking of picking up a car and driving down to the Port, returning the car, spending the night at a hotel and taking the shuttle to the ship. Does anyone know if the rental companies will drive us back to the hotel after we return the car?

Thanks!
:scratchin Hmmmm... sounds like a question that needs to be asked of whatever rental company your thinking of using. Could vary by company. Also, whether the company is actually open when you return the car. And how far the hotel is from the rental place.

Since the rental cost will likely be the same, I'd rather return it the next morning and take the rental car shuttle to the port. Perhaps after dropping off the family and luggage at the port so you're not dealing with to-be-checked luggage and extra people in the shuttle.

Thanks!

Keep in mind that if you're doing one of the cruises that starts on Monday, a lot of those rental agencies close early on Sundays.

If you use Hertz.

Hertz Rent A Car
8963 Astronaut Blvd
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
Open Today 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Car Rental Agency

Directions

hertz.com
(321) 783-7771

This particular address is in the parking lot of the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Also Country Inn & Suites is right next door, with Radisson Resort at the Port being about a 2 block walk.

Biggest thing would be calling ahead to make sure they are open when you need them to be.:fish:

I was going to mention that same one tommymac5. I would suggest calling the car rental company's physical location in Cape Canaveral/Port Canaveral area first. Verify they will be available when you are needing them to be open (specific date, not just "Tuesdays"). Then work backwards from there to book something to be picked up at the airport. Of course, unless you have a full day of sightseeing planned the day before your cruise, maybe consider a car service from the airport to the hotel.

We're flying in the day before, doing a one-way rental from Orlando to Cape Canaveral and dropping the car off the morning of the cruise. Budget has a shuttle that will take us from the rental place to the ship.

Thanks! I just checked the price for returning it the next day, and it's the same. I honestly didn't even think about that! :)

Thanks! I just checked the price for returning it the next day, and it's the same. I honestly didn't even think about that! :)

When you rent a car, a day is 24 hours, not a calendar day. Don't know when you are picking up the car but if it is in the morning, take note of when the car has to be returned the next morning. They can charge by the hour after the 24 hour mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter