driving to Port Canaveral from the Florida panhandle area

cbw4lsu

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We will be driving in to Port Canaveral for the first time and I am hoping to get a little advice from you on which route is the better one to take. Once we are past Tallahassee, is it better to take I-75 down and then cut over, or would it be better to stay on I-10 all the way to I-95 and then go down? Is the I-95 drive scenic at all? Thanks in advance for your help.

We drove I-95 to Miami from Atlanta for a cruise. As I recall, large portions of 95 are almost barren wasteland. I definitely don't remember it being scenic until you got near Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach.

When we drive from the panhandle we usually come down 75 not sure why we prefer it. We have done 95 before but for some reason it just seems like it takes longer.

75 to the turnpike and then the 528 straight over.

95 seems to have accidents that shut down the road all the time. I always avoid it when it can.

live in Canaveral area and son went to FSU so we drove this many times

after a few trips using the turnpike, 75 and 95 trying all the variants, we settled on 10 & 95 as our preferred route. The others saved only minutes if anything and the tolls were just un necessary

use the by-pass to avoid JAX downtown but otherwise 10 & 95

one issue we had was the MANY different ways to get thru/around the Orlando area ... we seemed to never end up on the same route twice even when trying to!!! This was b4 we were using GPS tho, which I really only started using in the last couple of years.

Once I did this run by using US-27 as much as possible ... it took a bit longer of course but not THAT much and WAS scenic .... if you've got the time it is a nice drive . . .

travel tip

I assume you'll be heading east on I-10 until you drop south on either 75 or 95 .....

If you've done this run b4 you know the stretch from Tall' to 75 is somewhat barren

It has been a year since we last did this run (son graduated but now works in Mobile) ... but when we did it last Nov there was a brand new gas station service place just west of the 10/75 interchange, at exit 283 ... called BUSY BEE

BIG .... CLEAN ... many food options .... lot's of land where we could let the dogs run .... CLEAN BATHROOMS .....

I recommend it . . . best place I know to stop for many miles in any direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter