• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving to Emerald Lake from Skagway

Made Up Name

Mouseketeer
Hey gang, for those of you who have done this, I am interested in your thoughts on driving from Skagway to Emerald Lake. We are thinking of doing this (or taking a private tour) while we are on the Alaska cruise in mid June.

Thanks!

We went to the Emerald Lake last year, very pretty and scenic drive. We hired a private tour because we had 6 people (2 kids, so they provided car seats). If you are a smaller party, you can rent a car in Skagway and go yourself. There is a guide book you can buy online and print for $5.

We went with Beyond Skagway Tours. They have a website with the same name. We did a 5 hour tour and got to Emerald Lake.

Murrary's guide is the mile by mile guide.

Hey gang, for those of you who have done this, I am interested in your thoughts on driving from Skagway to Emerald Lake. We are thinking of doing this (or taking a private tour) while we are on the Alaska cruise in mid June.

Thanks!

We rented a car through Avis (reserve well in advance). Rental office is within walking distance of the dock. We loved the drive! We also used Murray's guide - http://www.murraysguide.com/. We made several stops along the way - including the Yukon Suspension Bridge and a dog musher camp where we got to pet the puppies. We saw a moose and other wildlife and it even snowed a little on our way back to Skagway. Do bring ID for everyone since you'll be crossing the Canadian border. Highly recommend this trip!

We booked a tour online since the cruise did not offer any tours to Emerald Lake. Our tour included dog sledding, gold mining, and a salmon bake I think. We stopped at Emerald Lake and I got amazing pictures! It was worth the drive and our bus stopped at this quaint little town/village and we were able to get stamps on our passports! I can not remember who we booked with but I will go back and look. If I find it I will post :) but I would totally recommend going to see Emerald Lake :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter