Driving To Disney any stop over otel suggestions?

DisceyMomofC&A

Earning My Ears
We will be driving to the World for a surprise trip for our kids this August. We are looking for a nice reanoble hotel near the Georgia Florida border. Don't want to have to drive to long the day of our arrival. Any suggestions?

We always stop in Kingsland GA when we are driving down from Philly. Kingsland is 3 miles outside of the FL border. This way, you get a chance to rest and there's only about 3 hours of driving for the next day. There are about 8 different hotels to stay in at that exit. We have stayed at the Microtel and the Best Western. Neither one was fancy, but both were clean, had refrigerators, and offered free continental breakfast in the morning. I would stay at either one again. There are also plenty of restaurants and gas stations at that exit. Good luck!

The Best Western in Macon (about a 6-hour drive on arrival day, which is our short day - the long day is 14 hours) is where we always stop.

Best Western Inn & Suites of Macon
4681 Chambers Road
Macon, Georgia

My parents have stayed in Valdosta, which is 2 hours farther down the road, but I don't know which hotel.

I-75, or I-95? If you're going I-95, I second the suggestion for Kingsland, GA, or around that area.

Like a pp, we like to stop in Valdosta, Ga. Newer clean hotels and plenty of food choices. It is only about 15-20 miles from the Florida border. Makes a short drive into Orlando, about 4 hours.

Thanks everyone. We are coming from NJ so we will be on I-95. Do you make ressies at these hotels ahead of time or just wait till you get there?

CK

Probably best to hunt a good rate first and book a reservation that can be cancelled if possible. Just in case you don't make as good a time or see somewhere else you want to stay / has a better rate.

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Savannah Airport - Pooler
414 Gray Street
Pooler, GA 31322
Phone: 1-912-748-3771
Fax: 1-912-748-3772

Its a quick ride to the border from here. Its a brand new hotel. My family has stayed here numerous times over the past year. I highly recommend it.

We made a ressie in November at a hotel (Comfort Inn, I think, but can't swear to it), but we were able to cancel it when we decided to drive straight thru, no penalty. That was near Brunswick.

There is a BRAND NEW Hampton Inn and Suites on Exit 3 (3 miles from the GA/FL Border) in Kingsland, GA (It's GA Hwy 40). 912-729-1900..

Right next to the Cracker Barrel, no less....:cool1:

There's a brand new La Quinta right next door to it...

I live there, but deployed to Iraq at the moment....

If I were you, I'd probably call and make a Reservation b/c it gets pretty crowded at the I 95 hotels during the evening--you know, just to be safe...

We'll be driving I-75, not getting out the door til around 6:30-7 after work so we are looking for a hotel close to the florida line to sleep for the night as well. Keep the suggestions coming.

I live in St. Augustine, FL (right off of 95 at the World Gold Village exit) and there is a nice hotel down the street (you can see it from 95)

Anyways, whenever we travel and stop along the way - we don't make reservations at a hotel until we get there - sometimes we are fine to drive longer and stop closer to our destination and others we are too tired to continue driving so we have to stop earlier. Also, we worry that a hotel that looks great online may be a real poop hole when we get there.

We went to Louisiana in April and stopped in Pensacola on the way home. Thankfully we didn't make a reservation at the hotel we stopped at. The website was nice, its associated with a nicer hotel.... but when we got there it was DISGUSTING - bloody carpet in the halls, the lock on the door didn't work. There were hairs on the pillow, there was light bulbs missing in the lamps (and no overhead - so it was very very dim)

It was horrible. I'm so glad we hadn't made a reservation there and then gotten there and had a hard time getting out of it or something LOL.

We drove 1 more exit down and stayed at a Country Inn and Suites by Marriott or something like that?? It was fantastic!!!!

We live in Atlanta so we drive straight through, but Valdosta has a lot of stuff right off the exit, including outlet stores. Cordele, which is a little farther north, also has a lot of hotels clustered off the exit. Once you pass over the fla/ga border there isn't much until you hit Lake City. We always stop at Valdosta for a pee/gas/food break, from there it's another 3 hours to the mouse...

eta this is down 75 to the turnpike in fla to 429 (new highway, it's awesome)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Valdosta, and I never, ever will stop there again. The hotel was dirty and run down, like most of them in the area seemed to be (judgement based on a quick drive through, so no flames). Last trip we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lake Park (a few exits south of Valdosta) and loved it -- nice, new clean, and a good breakfast.

I live in St. Augustine, FL (right off of 95 at the World Gold Village exit) and there is a nice hotel down the street (you can see it from 95)

We stayed at the World Golf center this year for our drive down. We were at the Comfort Inn Suites...we were able to get $94 for our one night...that was just driving up, no ressie. Free breakfast that was good. The hotel was clean and we plan on staying there next time too. I'm sure if you book in advance you can get better rates.

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-saint_augustine-florida-FLB21?promo=gglocal

We'll be driving I-75, not getting out the door til around 6:30-7 after work so we are looking for a hotel close to the florida line to sleep for the night as well. Keep the suggestions coming.

We were booked at the Best Western in Lake City right on I-75...don't know how far from the line it is though, we drive from Louisiana. It looked nice on the internet, we cancelled only b/c we decided to leave a day earlier and stop in Tallahassee to see family first. Hope this helps???

We always stop in Kingsland GA when we are driving down from Philly. Kingsland is 3 miles outside of the FL border. This way, you get a chance to rest and there's only about 3 hours of driving for the next day. There are about 8 different hotels to stay in at that exit. We have stayed at the Microtel and the Best Western. Neither one was fancy, but both were clean, had refrigerators, and offered free continental breakfast in the morning. I would stay at either one again. There are also plenty of restaurants and gas stations at that exit. Good luck!

We have ressies at the Microtel. It got good reviews on trip advisor and I'm glad to hear your input as well. It was also quite inexpensive. All I want is clean and comfy enough to get a good night's rest so we can have energy for Disney.

There is a BRAND NEW Hampton Inn and Suites on Exit 3 (3 miles from the GA/FL Border) in Kingsland, GA (It's GA Hwy 40). 912-729-1900..

Right next to the Cracker Barrel, no less....:cool1:

There's a brand new La Quinta right next door to it...

I live there, but deployed to Iraq at the moment....

If I were you, I'd probably call and make a Reservation b/c it gets pretty crowded at the I 95 hotels during the evening--you know, just to be safe...

I just wanted to thank you for your service to us all.:thumbsup2 I hope your home soon.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter