Driving to another resort?

awaldo

Mouseketeer
We have friends that will be staying at POR the same time we are at WL. We would like to visit them and maybe let the kids swim together. Can a person drive to another resort without any problems at Security? What do I tell them, just that we are visiting a guest? I really appreciate the great security at the resorts, I was just curious if they work with you in those situations.

When you check in make sure to ask for a parking pass for your car. This will get you through the toll booths at all the parks and can assist in getting into the other resorts. They will usually stop you and you just tell them you are visiting friends who are staying there. It should be no problem.

You will need to speak to the lifeguard requesting if the children can swim there; technically, the pools are for that resorts' guests, but if it is not too crowded, they may allow them to do so.

Never guaranteed though.

Alright, so we aren't going to swim there. Not especially on topic as neither reply had anything to do with driving to another resort....

When you check in make sure to ask for a parking pass for your car. This will get you through the toll booths at all the parks and can assist in getting into the other resorts. They will usually stop you and you just tell them you are visiting friends who are staying there. It should be no problem.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the parking pass from another resort kinda gave you a "free pass" to go to another resort or not. I really didn't want to monkey around with using buses, but didn't want to pull up to the gate and get hassled about going there.

We've never had a problem visiting other resorts whether to look around or eat except at Beach Club. Somehow our ADR wasn't on their list at security and the guy kinda gave me the run-around. Other than that, we have never had a problem driving to another resort and we've done it alot. They will ask you for your driver's license or KTTW card.

On one of my early visits to WDW, I spent my last day driving around and visiting and photographing many of the resorts! No problems at all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter