Driving Time from WDW to MB in SC

epcotitis

Mouseketeer
We are meeting family at Myrtle Beach after our trip to WDW. Has anyone ever done this drive? How long does it take. Where is a good stopping place on the way up? Should we do the drive in one day or take two.
Thanks for the replies.

I'm probably not going to be of much help... I live in SC, but am about 2.5 hours northeast of Myrtle Beach. I believe it is about 450 miles, but am not sure of the driving time because the most direct route would be off of a main interstate. You could pick up #17 north of Savannah and I believe it is 4 lane from Charleston on to Myrtle Beach. The catch is that it is the major costal rode so it can be very busy and very slow depending on the time of day and the week of year. I would plan on at least 8 hours, but again, I have never gone from WDW to Myrtle Beach. (Don't you just love it when someone who has never done something gives advice?) If you do decide to stop: Savannah, Ga would be about 1/2 way and is a beautiful historic city. Charleston, SC is also an option but once there you would only have about 1 1/2 - 2 hours left to Myrtle Beach. There are great historic places to visit in Charleston and it also has a very nice aquarium. Hope this helps at least a little.
Donna

We are also are going to MB after Disney. I have done this before and it took about 7 hours (it all depends on the traffic.) I drove it in one day and it wasn't too bad. If you want to stop, Charleston is a great place to visit. It is about 90 S of MB and if you have never been there, you need to go. Make sure you visit the market to shop and watch the ladies make the straw baskets and take a carrage ride (the guide will tell you great stories about the history of Charleston.) I was married in Charleston and it is one of my favorite places to visit:D If you need more info let me know.

Okay, I live just south of MB. We have driven to WDW many times. It takes about 9 to 10 hours depending on the number of stops you make and traffic on I-95. We always do it in one day and it is no problem.

The fastest and easiest way to get to M.B. is to get of I-95 at Exit 33, Point South and take 17N to Charleston. It's a four lane road except for one small section between Gardens Corner and Jacksonboro. When you get to Charleston, take 526 around Charleston to Mount Pleasant and pick up 17N again. It's an easy, scenic drive to Georgetown. Take 17N through Georgetown and in Murrells Inlet, take 17 Bypass to MB. This is our favorite route because except for Charleston, the traffic is usually very light because most tourists don't use this route to MB.

We have tried taking 521 and 378 from I-95, but they aren't any faster and I hate I-95, to 17 is the way to go.

Enjoy your stay at "our" beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter