Driving time from Cypress Pointe to Universal and Wet 'n Wild?

Getaway2006

Earning My Ears
Could anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from Cypress Pointe to Universal and Wet 'n Wild? Also, which are the best routes?

Many thanks!

I don't know about driving time, but I know my family hates Wetnwild. We went there and hated the atmosphere. You have to walk up all the rides on stairs that you can see through and you can also feel the ride moving a little bit in the air. Too freaky for me. I also wasn't pleased with the lifeguards there. I have been a lifeguard for 7 years and would never treat my guest like that at my pool. They all were in bad moods and rude. Plus all of the water has a salty taste to it like the ocean. Really didn't like that splashing in my mouth. This is just my opinion. I would much rather spend the extra money and go to BB or TL.

It's about 10 - 15 minutes. Shorter time if you take the back route rather than I-4.

In the exact opposite of the previous poster we always enjoy Wet N Wild - far more than the Disney waterparks. They are very nice & themed - WNW isn't themed - but the water rides are better at WNW. Also, on average, the water is warmer at WNW than the Disney parks. I think it's due to the shade at Disney but it may just be that WNW heats the pools more. We have done all the Disney water parks and the one we liked best - the original River Country - is now gone. The others are worth one visit but are too expensive and too tame for us.

I also wanted to say that we like Wet N Wild very much. As TotoToo mentioned, the Disney water parks may have better theming but WNW, hands down, has the better slides. Go. You'll have a good time.

It's easy to get to Universal or WNW from Cypress Pointe by going the back way on to Palm Parkway. If you staying at Cypress Pointe (Phase I), make a left out of the parking lot. Go to the stop sign and make a right. Then go to the stop sign (4 way) and make a left on to Palm Parkway. Proceed all the way on Palm Parkway. At the traffic light (Central FL Parkway) it will become Turkey Lake Road. Just continue to go straight. You'll be running parrallel to Route 4 on your right. After crossing over Sand Lake Road, get into the right lane and you'll see Universal coming up on your right. Just make a right turn on to Hollywood Blvd. at the light and you'll ultimately drive straight into Universal's parking lot!

For WNW, do exactly the same thing except at the Universal Parking Lot, make a right on to Universal Blvd. This will take you directly to International Drive and you'll see Wet N Wild on your right hand side.

Have fun!!

Once again, the people have the DISboards have provided exactly the information we need! Thank you so much - I'll print out this thread and I'm sure we will have no problems getting there.

As to Wet N Wild, we love "thrillier" water slides, so I'm sure we will have a blast. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter