• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving through Jacksonville

WDWLODGE

DIS Veteran
We will be southbound on I-95 the day after Thanksgiving. I estimate that we should hit Jacksonville some time around 10 - 11AM. How is the traffic at that time? I heard of some people taking 295 or 9A around, which route is faster? Thanks, Bill

While I have never driven thru on a week day, I'd have to imagine traffic won't be that bad the day after Thanksgiving. From my experience it's way faster to go thru the city than around it.

Drive straight through on I-95! You won't avoid traffic on 295 - on the day after Thanksgiving it may be worse since it goes past a large shopping area. You shouldn't have any troubles driving through downtown. You are going at a great time - enjoy!

Look for the silver VW Jetta decked out in Disney gear. We will be in the same area at the same time heading in the same direction. I just talked DH into cutting Thanksgiving short with his parents and head down to WDW for a few days. :thumbsup2

Kim

I agree, drive straight through. Also, as a side note, there is a really good Disney outlet not far from Jacksonville in St. Augustine. There are two outlet malls across from each other on the highway, it's in the one on the left as you are heading south. I can't remember the exit number, lol. If you go into the parking lot for the outlet, drive to the far end and park there and you'll walk straight into it almost.

Thanks for all the insight. We will stay on I-95. We always thought about stopping at one of the Disney outlets, but we will probally be too excited to get to WDW at that point. Maybe we will stop on the way home. Only 10 more days til we leave. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter