Driving is...

Generally you can go over the speed limit by 10 mph, but you have to be careful because the cops have been out in full force lately. I'm sure if I got pulled over I'd have to be resuscitated.

ughh we were in a 60 zone and my instructor had me doing 70 lmaoooo
i was kinda scared

Sometimes if you don't speed a little you'll get ran over. Like near my school, there's this huge 5 lane road, but the limit is 30! It's also downhill. I've tried to go the limit, but people keep tailgating and honking at me.

Today when I was coming home from school, some crazy lady in an SUV totally ran the stop sign and almost ran into me. She just SPED past the sign and didn't even slow down! Ugh, crazy drivers.

Sometimes I speed because I'm so focused on the road I'm not paying attention to how fast I'm going. I've been going a lot slower lately since the incident last week though.

I don't like driving to school because there are tons of cars and a lot of the kids drive like maniacs.

i remember feeling like that. now, anything slower than 45 is CRAWLING.

My friends were joking about how 45 is the new slow...lol

My dad always wants me to go exactly the speed limit. He always says 'What's the speed limit?' repeatedly, and it's annoying. It's the question you think you aren't supposed to answer, and then he repeats it until I answer. I hate it. I am allowed to go beneath the speed limit, come on. I need to work on not speeding, because otherwise, I'm never gonna pass my test.
I'm comfortable going any speed. 120 km/h is the fastest I've done, which was technically speeding, as the limit was 110.

I hate that...I was going 30 MPHs in a 25 MPH zone and my mom flipped at me...noone was on the road and its really not much off from 25. And they dont pull you over unless you are like 15 MPHs over where Im from

My parents used to be the same way with me on like the back roads around our house they wanted me to go around 5 miles over the speed limit max. but on the highway i could usually go 72 or so without them saying so and they kept sayin "If you get caught you wont get your license." But at least now when I drive with my license they have no idea how fast I drive.

My parents used to be the same way with me on like the back roads around our house they wanted me to go around 5 miles over the speed limit max. but on the highway i could usually go 72 or so without them saying so and they kept sayin "If you get caught you wont get your license." But at least now when I drive with my license they have no idea how fast I drive.

Ah, yay, another PA'er! Bolded statement is exactly why I freak out. I don't like driving with my dad because he's gonna teach me how to get my first speeding ticket, I just know it!

ya I know what your saying; well at least so far no tickets after a year or so of driving but Ive had a few really close calls in that time period.

Here in phoenix, everyone goes over the speed limit so if you try to go the speed limit, you'll get run over essentially. Now with the speed enfocement cameras on the freeways and such, it has helped alot.

Safe following distance is easier to figure out when the car in front of you passes a landmark, and you start counting seconds until you pass it. If you're less than 2 seconds behind it, you're too close.

My Driving Intructor said 4 Seconds...
But Sonya take a deep breath keep practicing(sp?!) learn about how far you should turn for each time!!
You'll be driving great in no time!
Believe me I've been driving for a little over a month now at first I was scared of my own driving (You should of seen my mom)
But now my mom feels like I could get my liscense tommorrow if it wasn't for the fact I have to wait 8 more months (I turn 16 in March!)
I passed my Drivers Ed. Driving test and my written which are both harder than the test given at the Department of Liscensing!
It really just takes time!

My Driving Intructor said 4 Seconds...
But Sonya take a deep breath keep practicing(sp?!) learn about how far you should turn for each time!!
You'll be driving great in no time!
Believe me I've been driving for a little over a month now at first I was scared of my own driving (You should of seen my mom)
But now my mom feels like I could get my liscense tommorrow if it wasn't for the fact I have to wait 8 more months (I turn 16 in March!)
I passed my Drivers Ed. Driving test and my written which are both harder than the test given at the Department of Liscensing!
It really just takes time!

Four seconds is a good following distance for ramps. But of course everyone is gonna say something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter