Driving in HOV Lane @ Atlanta Metro Area???

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I posted a thread on best way of driving thru Atalnta a few threads back and I got alot of great advice and tips!!! :banana: My new question is when using HOV lane(carpooling lane)...is this lane reserved for Georgia residents only? We will have 2 adults and 2 children with us and an out-of-state license plate. We saw this lane before driving thru but didn't use it in fear of getting a ticket! :confused3

Thanks for any advice!!!
E

Absolutely not...We have that good ol' Southern Hospitality here in GA, so you are welcome to use our HOV lane!! :teeth:
Seriously, anyone can use the HOV lane as long as there are at least 2 people in the car!
HTH!!

We just took I 75 S frim Michigan and booked right thru Atlanta on the HOV. Smooth sailing!

Thank you very much for the info!! I didn't see very many in this lane the last time driving thru but this time we will be in that lane!!

Thanks Again!
E

PS: Sorry, this was posted in the wrong spot! My bad :confused3

I will say this about the HOV's in ATL. The few residents who drive in those lanes treat them like Montana highways, no speed limit. Unless you drive like your hair is on fire, don't be surprised to have a local come up behind you flashing their lights. Either way, they are the best way through the city if you have a carpool.

It also tells you something about people's carpooling habits in ATL if 2 qualifies as HOV. And I say that as someone who drove himself to work in midtown ATL every day for three years.

Drive on through with your family of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter