Driving I-77 / I-95

DianeV

DIS Veteran
We are planning on trying to take I-77 versus I-75 in July to go from Detroit area to Orlando. Someone we know lives down there now and says it faster and easier to take versus I-75..I see on the Yahoo maps directions we actually pick up I-95 around Savannah?

So my question is this. When we take I-75 we had planned on a night in Valdosta to sleep leaving a not so long trip the next day. Does anyone know a comparable city to stay in going this way?

Thanks for any help!

Interesting that you plan to take I95 rather than I75. In FL we usually take I95 & I4, but this week we tried different roads & loved it! Right after the FL Welcome Center we took the next exit - A1A. Took A1A to 301 to Ocala where we picked up I75 to the FL Turnpike to 27 to 192 to WDW. On the way back we had to be in SE GA, so we took I4 to the Turnpike to I75 to Gainesville to 301 north. These routes were much more relaxing than 95 & 4. Plus we stopped at a local produce stand to buy fresh foods for our stay. The scenery was beautiful most of the way, too.

I guess we are just used to the I-75 route and someone mentioned this way so we figured we would try it..something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter