Driving home to nj

Kattabba

Earning My Ears
So - hubby, ds(2 1/2) and I are driving to WDW in May - We are leaving late (10 pm) from NJ. (I work nights so will have slept all day ;) ) We booked a hotel just before the FL border. We plan on crashing there mid-morning and getting a good nights sleep before heading on to Disney the following morning. (Thanks to all the people who have posted similar situations this is the best plan for us :banana:)

But - what about heading home??? Do we go straight through? Hotel in Fredericksburg, VA? :confused3

We are staying at Fort Wilderness with family so we can leave anytime of day. Not sure if we should leave early AM on Sat or Fri night after being in the parks? ds is a wiggle worm - he is good overnight (we drove to nc last summer - overnight) but don't know about daytime driving. We do have portable dvd. Any thoughts are appreciated!!!

We have travelled alot of times to and from florida. I would definetely not drive straight thru especially with a child/children. It's a really long ride. My husband and I did it once before our children and left around 5am and got home around 11pm. I remember feeling like I was still moving after getting home. Just alot more enjoyable when you break it up and aren't in such a rush.

Ok - so it sounds like stopping on the way home will be the way to go. Any suggestions to where? How far is reasonable?

I am not a fan of leaving late so I'd vote for leaving early Saturday and getting to Richmond VA

I feel it matter significantly on what time you plan on leaving.

Driving straight through is fine if you keep most of it during the day. But driving at 3am, etc is difficult.

We've done the drive 25 times in the last ten years. Our suggestion: Depart no later than 9 a.m. from WDW.

Without any significant stops, you should be able to make it to southern VA by 10 p.m. (weather permitting). Additional time behind the wheel will get you to Richmond...then Frederickbsurg.

For more info go to the "For 2,000+Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" thread.

All the best. :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone!!! I'll check into hotels anywhere between southern VA and Fredericksburg :).

I really love finding people who can answer these life defining questions :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter