• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving from Raleigh, NC to WDW

pearljim

DIS Veteran
We're driving in October to WDW from outside of Raleigh, NC. I95 to I4 seems the obvious route to take but is it the best or are there alternatives to recommend? Would you try to make it in one day? (We're not spring chickens, but not ready for the home either :) ) I would welcome your comments. Thanks in advance!!

Yes, that is the best and most practical route. Heading west and traveling via Charlotte and Columbia isn't going to save you any time.

BobK/Orlando

We too are in the Raleigh area (4042 to be exact). We have made this trip several times and the route you mentioned is the one we take. We have three kids, so we yank them out of bed in PJ's and put them in the van. We depart around 4am and go straight thru. We stop around 8:30 for breakfast and usually hit a rest area a little later. All in all, it takes about 10 hrs including stops. The excitement of getting to the world keeps us going.

However, coming home we do a stopover in Savannah for a night or two. Have a great trip.

We depart on 9/4/10. We are flying this time. Can't wait!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Paige you sound like us. We're two adults and the excitement is just getting there. We will leave the house between mid-night to 3:00 am we can arrive in 9 hours. However, flying is so much better. Months before our trip we will drive out to RDU and just watch the planes go and come just thinking it wound't be long now....

Thanks everyone - really do appreciate the advice and good wishes!!

Paige, do you have a hotel/motel you like around the Savannah area? Enjoy your Sept trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter