Driving from park to park

sdteacher

Mouseketeer
We are renting a car during our week long stay at DW and are staying at the AKL. We will take the bus to MK - but when going to the other parks is it easier to take the bus or drive our rental car. Or are there some parks we should drive to and others you'd recommend just taking Disney transportation. Thanks

I take the bus, but then I commute daily in ridiculous traffic I loathe. I like my vacation to really BE a vacation. When I have a car, I only use it to go offsite.

You will probably be happier driving to the other three parks - especially since you've already conceded :teeth: that Disney transportation is the best way to access the Magic Kingdom.

We prefer to drive (except to the MK as you have noted). I enjoy driving so its not a chore. :drive:

And my car goes exactly when I'm ready to go, the temperature is adjusted to my liking, the radio is playing my tunes, and the person next to me didn't have beans for lunch. :car:

When we have a car there, we usually drive to the parks, even MK. We find it more pleasant to take the tram to the parking lot and get in a car rather than the longer walk to the bus stops on already tired feet. You do not have to worry about "just missing" the bus or having to stand on the bus. The trams pick you up close to the park exit. We have not found the traffic to be a problem, and we were there at Easter last year.

IMHO, driving is the best/quickest way. The last time we stayed at WL the only time we used Disney transportation was the boat to MK.
Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter