driving from Ontario, need advice

Chiming in from Northern Ontario :cool1:
We live 1/2 way between Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie.

We are leaving in 13 days.
We cross at Sault Ste Marie hitting I-75 right in Soo Michigan. Normally we take two days to drive down making our 1/2 way point at Georgetown, Kentucky, just outside Lexington.

This next trip will be our 8th trip (6th trip driving down).

This time we actually plan to take 2 nights driving down. Only one driver and I am getting too old to do it in 2 days LOL.

Last year we stopped the second night in Lakeland, Florida just across the Fla state line. It was nice to get a good nights sleep, relax, get up later in the morning and only have a leisurely 3 hour drive to Orlando. That is why we decided to plan on doing two nights this year.

We will however do two days going home as I have to work on the Saturday we return and I didn't leave extra nights for the return trip.

Oh well :confused3

We will be home in Florida for 10 Days starting April 11th. :thewave:

pkitty said:
we flew this year but for the last 5 years we drove. You would be better off getting to the Macon area south of Atlanta so you can avoid rush hour traffic in the morning. That alone could save you an hour or more. It may be worth the extra drive and then you can relax the next day knowing it is only a 6 hour drive with no hassles.

We stopped in Macon GA as well at the Best Western it has an indoor pool and hot tub it was very rewarding after a long trip. I don't know if we'd drive all night and through to Macon again. I plan on leaving here at 3am and driving til supper time where ever that takes us to. The I75 book is good for finding lodging last minute. Take care and have a safe trip. OH and Happy Easter everyone :Pinkbounc ~Kat

Thanks for the tip about the Along I-75 book. I bought it on Saturday and have been reading it off and on all weekend. It is a great resource. I can see myself with it propped up while we drive along!
Thanks to everyone for all the great advice - I feel much more confident with my choice to drive rather than fly this time! My daughter already has her pillow and blanket all picked out that she wants to take in the car. We had Pal Mickey out the other day to tell us a few jokes and added him our "things to take list".
It's nice to have definite plans for a holiday to look forward to! :banana:

briarberry said:
Thanks for the tip about the Along I-75 book. I bought it on Saturday and have been reading it off and on all weekend. It is a great resource. I can see myself with it propped up while we drive along!
Thanks to everyone for all the great advice - I feel much more confident with my choice to drive rather than fly this time! My daughter already has her pillow and blanket all picked out that she wants to take in the car. We had Pal Mickey out the other day to tell us a few jokes and added him our "things to take list".
It's nice to have definite plans for a holiday to look forward to! :banana:

It was funny to stop along the way and you wouldn't believe all the cars/vans with a copy of that book on their dashboards!

Teresa :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter