Driving from Ontario and stopping at the ocean

Limmer

DIS Veteran
So we are driving down to Old Key West in October and our kids have never seen the ocean. We thought we could stop somewhere for an hour so the kids could dip their toes in. I was thinking Daytona Beach because then we only have another hour to drive.

Any suggestions? Advice? Anybody done that?

If you're driving down I-95 then you are practically at the ocean from Savannah Georgia until you head west from Daytona Beach on I-4.

Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Flagler Beach, Daytona. Any of them is a great place to stop.

So we are driving down to Old Key West in October and our kids have never seen the ocean. We thought we could stop somewhere for an hour so the kids could dip their toes in. I was thinking Daytona Beach because then we only have another hour to drive.

Any suggestions? Advice? Anybody done that?

I just saw your post now and thought I would add my 2 Cents.

We make this drive every year and if you do not mind adding about an hour and half to your drive you should look at doing what we do.

As soon as we hit St Augustine we get off the highway and hit the Disney Outlet store. Once done there instead of jumping back on the highway we head into St Augustine and drive down the A1A all the way to Daytona.

This highway takes you along the ocean for nearly the entire leg of the trip and more often than not you can see dolphins jumping and some fantastic views.

Enjoy the drive we consider it part of the adventure and look forward to it almost as much WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter