Driving from MA need help for hotel

tolookaa5

Mouseketeer
I am driving from boston, MA on Sunday and was wondering if any of you experienced drivers could help me with a hotel stay.

I am driving the inland route and was hoping to get as far as lower NC or right into SC (maybe Columbia), is this too ambitious if I leave at 4 am?

Where do any of you who drive I-77 stop? It will be me and my three kids so i would like a safe area that is not too expensive.

How long do you all drive and where do you stop?

Thanks

I am driving from boston, MA on Sunday and was wondering if any of you experienced drivers could help me with a hotel stay.

I am driving the inland route and was hoping to get as far as lower NC or right into SC (maybe Columbia), is this too ambitious if I leave at 4 am?

Where do any of you who drive I-77 stop? It will be me and my three kids so i would like a safe area that is not too expensive.

How long do you all drive and where do you stop?

Thanks

I'll try to help here:
From Fall River, MA to Statesville, NC is @ 790 miles. (Thats going via 95 to the White Plains area, taking the Tappanzee Bridge around NYC, then back down to 78 in NJ, then West across Pa to 81/84, and following 81 South down to 77.
From Statesville, NC to WDW proper is @ 580 miles. From the NC/SC line to WDW is @ 530 miles. From Columbia, SC to WDW is @ 440 miles.

Backing into these numbers a little more, from Fall River, MA (that's my point of reference, sorry) to the NC/SC line is @ 840 miles. Add @ 90 to that if you want to get to Columbia, SC for your stop over.

Only you can decide how far you want to travel each day, based on personal preference and safety. For us, the drive to Fall River from NC is about all we want to do in one stretch.

I like your idea of trying to get into SC, as that gets you just past Charlotte, NC, and you won't have to deal with that traffic so much the next a.m. I'd consider Rock Hill, SC for your stop over. It has the cheapest gas prices you will find South of VA, and is about 10 miles past the NC/SC line. Exits in Rock Hill, (I believe) are at mile markers 81 and 82.

If you need more info, or decide you want to stop somewhere higher up in NC, feel free to PM me. I have more data on your drive, if you need it.

Travel Safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter