• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving from CT to WDW

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all. We are planning a trip for may 2005. My parents are coming w/ us for their first ever trip to Disney. I am really excited except they won't fly. THey have never been on a plane and don't ever plan on getting on one. So we are driving (me, my son 8, and my parents) from CT to Disney. My dear dad doesn't want to stop except for bathroom and food breaks, he wants to drive straight through . Any one ever done this? Any suggestions?

Hi

My mom and I drove last year and it wasn't that bad but by the time we go to SC we were so tired of being in the car that we needed to stop. We left at 2am and drove straight through to VA. We hit an hour's worth of traffic in DC but that was it. We stopped had breakfast/lunch at a Cracker Barrell and drove to SC by 4 or 5pm. We stopped checked into a Best Western, had dinner and went to bed early. We were up at 2 am and drove from 3am until Disney got there about 11 am.

I would recommend not driving straight through as it will be a very long ride espcially for your child. I would also recommend looking into getting and EZ Pass for Tolls I got one and it was so nice not having to stop for the toll booths and searching for change. If you would like more information please feel free to private message me.

Pack a cooler with soda, water, jucie, and bring snacks as it will be easier when you are thirsty then having to stop for something. I would pack pillows and blanket so that way when you want to rest you can use the pillow and when your not sleeping sit on it to cushion the seat.

Any questions please ask !
HTH
Amy

in high school (i'm from danbury) we went to WDW for a band trip and drove straight through. it took about 24 hours.

I've done this several times, last time was in 1994. I will never do it again. It's too hard driving through the night, worrying about whether or not the person driving will fall asleep. Also, driving straight through for an 8 year old is hard, as they get very antsy in the car. Have you considered taking the autotrain? You would have to drive to Lorton, VA, which is about 6 hours from CT. I've done this 4 times (right after 9/11, when I was scared to fly) and it's a great alternative to driving. Plus, your 8 year old will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter