Driving from Atlanta to Port Canaveral

FLGalInTN

Yes we are close by. We live in View Harbour off of Loop Rd.
Are you DVC members also?

Originally posted by gdulaney

Has anybody been down 1-75 lately? Last August we hit so much construction that it added a couple of hours to the drive.
They're adding a much-needed third lane of traffic in each direction. A project like that takes a number of years. The last time we traveled to Florida (earlier this month) we had no troubles, but we were traveling on a Friday evening and a Sunday afternoon. My inlaws have run into lane closures when traveling during the day on weekdays.
Nobody does construction better than the GA DOT.
Actually, I think they do a fine job of only closing lanes when they are actually working. They open them up again at the end of the work day. Unlike permanently closed lanes during non-working hours in construction projects I've endured in other states.

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta

Unlike permanently closed lanes during non-working hours in construction projects I've endured in other states.
Now THAT sounds like TDOT!

TENNDVC - No, we aren't DVC members (yet). We live in Brixworth subdivision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter