• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving,Driving,Driving

KittyCathee

Earning My Ears
Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but here we go. I live in PA, and we drive to Disney. I was just wondering where we should stop overnight before we keep driving. We want to get to disney in time to do something.I was just curious.

Thanx :flower3:

We drive from Roselle, NJ and stop in Hardeeville, SC. It's just before the Georgia border. From there it's 5 hours give or take to Orlando.

We always stop in Jasper, Georgia. It's one mile before the florida state line. Once across the line, we know we're three hours from the big mouse!!!!

We drove from Allentown PA and stopped in Savannah GA. I wouldnt do it again. It was just too long and too boring of a drive.

We Drive from VA and we usually stop in Jacksonville Fl.. just an hour or two away. That way, we get a good night sleep and can get up early and be at the resort to check in early enough to have a full day at the park if thats what we want. I'd also post on the transporation board.you'll prob get a ton of responses there.
G/L

How old are your children.If you have youn children I would stop somepalce and spend the night

if you have any family that you may pass on the way you can always alter the trip route to stop by and visit them for the nights!!!

:) My partner and I drove down to Disney twice and both times we stopped in Florence, South Carolina. The Days Inn there isn't bad.

We're from southern NJ. When we broke down on I-95 we were lucky to have been near the Holiday Inn in Florence, SC. It's was very beautiful and the people were very helpful as well.

I wish we lived close enough to drive to WDW. I did not know that New Jersey was so close to WDW. We do drive to Disneyland, a 16 hour drive from Washington State, and when we do we always drive hard the first day and spend the night a couple hours away. Like 2disneyboys we like to get a good nights sleep and then start our day rested and ready to go. Even when our boys were young we did this.

Also, if your car vehicle does not already have a DVD player, I would get one, (borrow one if you can)...my wife and I take turns watching a movie with the kids...you'd be amazed how quickly the hours will pass.

Bob.

We have driven to WDW from southern NJ many times. We leave between 12am and 1am to avoid the area around Washington DC during rush hour. Other than gas, food, and bathroom breaks we stay in Jacksonville or if we are up to it St. Augustine. Depending on how long your breaks are it takes us about 14hrs. We get up really early the next day and it is about 2 more hrs to Disney. We feel that doing it this way you only have 1 (long) travel day which translates to more time at Disney. Coming home is tough we would leave between 4am and 5am and drive straight through. Takes us about 16hrs to get home. As the kids got older we let them stay up until we were ready to leave which worked out great because they slept most of the day.

We're from southern NJ. When we broke down on I-95 we were lucky to have been near the Holiday Inn in Florence, SC. It's was very beautiful and the people were very helpful as well.

We have stayed in Florence also...didn't plan on it but the hurricane gave us no choice...:scared1:

Anyway, we drive from central PA, we try and make it close to the Florida border in the first day (we leave around 6-7am). It's a VERY long first day but then we only have about 3 hours or so the second day, we try to be in the park by 1pm.

The last few times we have stopped in Darien, GA.

The last few times we have stopped in Darien, GA.

We drive from Philly. As a rule, we try to stop in Darien Georgia. The night manager at the Hampton Inn there is really nice and remembers us every year we do stop there. We then would get up early to make it to OKW early to get our preferred room type, but with the no smoking policy, that has not been something we worry about now. We now casually make our way to OKW on the second day, check-in, usually get lunch, go shopping, and by the time we get back to the resort, usually have our room. We *may* do downtown disney that first night in the world, but often enough, we just enjoy relaxing on the verandah. Having that 2 day drive and settling in really gives us a nice break from the hectic pace of day to day life and decompresses us enough to enjoy being in the World.

For going home, it depends on our mood and if we have guests. If we have guests, we stay onsite until we get them to the airport, then head to Darien. If we don't have guests on our last day, we'll head out early and either stop in VA or head out really early and drive straight through.

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but here we go. I live in PA, and we drive to Disney. I was just wondering where we should stop overnight before we keep driving. We want to get to disney in time to do something.I was just curious.

Thanx :flower3:

We live in NC and are also driving this time. I found a NICE hotel in Kingsland GA. It's a small, interstate town but there is a Wal-Mart and a Cracker Barrel nearby. The hotel is brand new...just a few months old. From there it's about 3/3.5 hours from Disney! We decided to stay overnight so we can get to Disney refreshed and ready to explore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter