Driving directions question

fraggle551

DIS Veteran
Hello

We will be driving to WDW tomorrow from Hernando, FL. I have directions and a GPS, but my question is this. Last year we did this drive and ended up coming into WDW a back way and were very lost. I am wondering what to put in the GPS, or what road to take so that we arrive by going under the big Walt Disney World sign. Thanks!

There is the big one on Epcot Center Drive. If you look on Google Maps and do a street view, it is just past the I-4W Exit 67 offramp onto Epcot Center Drive, adjacent to Typhoon Lagoon.

I'm going to assume you either came in through Western Way from the 429 expressway or Sherbeth rd from 192.I don't believe there's a Disney World sign in Sherbeth rd but there is in Western Way even though it is pretty much a backdoor entrance that lets you in by the Coronado resort.If you came in from the 429 expressway and Western Way and want to go in through main entrance instead of getting off at Western Way keep going on 429 and get off at 192,go east and take World Dr.which is the original Disney entrance,the same thing if you came in from 192,don't turn at Sherbeth rd just keep going to World Dr.A lot of people avoid plugging in addresses into GPS at Disney as many times it takes them strange ways.The main things you need to know are the entrances,once you're in signs get you to where you need to go pretty easily.The entrances are:

World Dr.:Comes in from I-4 and passes by 192 and being the main entrance will get you where you need to go just looking at signage

Epcot Center Dr.:Is known as 536 before I-4 and becomes Epcot center Dr at I-4,goes around Epcot and joins World Dr.

Hotel Plaza Blvd/Buena Vista Dr:Begins at 535 outside Downtown Disney and becomes Buena Vista Dr which goes east west and passes by all the major entrances to Disney,World Dr.Epcot Center dr,Osceola Parkway and Western Way. I consider this the main ground street at Disney World as when you're in this street it will pass by or give you access to anywhere in the resort.

Osceola Pkwy:Is also east west but it runs more south in the property and not as central as Buena Vista dr.Runs by ESPN Wide World of sports and AOA/Pop Century and ends at AK and AKL.

Western Way: Comes in from the 429 expressway and lets you off at Buena Vista Dr by the Coronado Springs,a lot of peoe like coming in this way due to the lack of traffic on 429 and Western Way.

Sherbeth Rd/Reams Rd:true backdoor entrances,Sherbeth lets you in by Ak and reaches Osceola pkwy and Reams lets you in behind Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter