driving and luggage ??

huckster

DIS Veteran
we are driving to port when we get there do we lug our luggage tru the check in line and lug it around the d ship till they let us go to the room? and check out we lug it off the ship to customs and the car ??

When we cruised in June 2001, the porters at the terminal took care of our luggage (of course we tipped him). We only had 1 small bag to carry around with us that contained my daughter's swim suit. We also drove and left our mini van at the port for a fee of $7.00 per day ( I believe it's $10 now).

This is what we did. We stayed at the Radisson the night before. DH drove us all to the terminal where we off loaded our luggage (right there at the terminal). The kids and I went to check in while DH parked the car at the Radisson and caught a shuttle back. When we got back to Port Canaveral, we lugged our luggage to the Avis/Radisson shuttle stop (a long haul with luggage and no porter). It seemed to take forever for the Avis/Raisson shuttles to start picking people up... there were so many people and so much luggage, I told DH I'd wait with the kids and he went back to the Radisson, got the car and picked us up.

We drove & pulled up & unloaded our luggage to a porter who took care of our luggage from there. We had small carry-on bags with swim suits, RX, etc.
After my husb. parked the car in the long-term parking & walked back (short walk) he met us upstairs where you check in with your paperwork & the next we saw our luggage was at our rooms after we went to eat & stuff.

They have you get everything packed the night before disembarking & there's a scheduled time to have all of your luggage out in the hallway - at which time they will pick it up (eventually) & it will be waiting for you off the ship after breakfast in the morning.
DON'T FORGET to keep everything you need in a carry-off bag (i.d., important paperwork, RX, etc, etc.) AND clothes for disembarking (remember those pants - my f-i-l forgot to include those in his final day wardrobe - not a pretty sight!!!!).
They will have taken care of your luggage & if you don't get stopped at customs - you're 'outa there fast'!!

do we lug our luggage tru the check in line

Usually it's "thru" unless you're from Brooklyn, then it's "tru"...

As far as the luggage goes, you carry it only if you don't choose to use the porters.

and lug it around the d ship till they let us go to the room?

You'll only have to lug your D luggage around the D ship till your D room is ready if you choose not to use a D porter at the D parking lot...

check out we lug it off the ship to customs and the car ??

As far as checkout is concerned, your luggage is taken the night before and left in a holding area. You take it through customs and then either make use - again - of a porter or schlep everything yourself to the car...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter