Drivers licence

shagster330

Mouseketeer
We are travelling to California in November and renting a car through Hertz. Do you know if the credit card style driving licence is all that we need to rent the car with or do we need the other green bit of paper that came with the licence when it was issued.

The reason I am asking is that a friend was recently told that the credit card licence was inadequate to rent the car with whilst on holiday in Europe

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I will take both to be sure. Last thing I want is trouble picking the car up

You definitely need to take both bits. The licence is in 2 parts - paper and card. One is no good without the other. If car hire places (or elsewhere) don't ask for both that's presumably because they don't know either!!

Seems a bit silly - giving you a nice shiny handy sized card, and then a piece of paper that's even bigger than the old one!
:confused:

Well i'm taking the credit card style one, the paper bit, and an international driving permit (£4 from the AA i think it was), better safe than sorry in this instance methinks! :)

ps goin tomorrow!!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've never used an International driving permit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter