• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drinks around the world?

Auntmeme

DIS Veteran
Looking for the link with the best drinks around the world. Tried to search but nada. BFF and I will try to make it around the world - what drink to order in each country?
Mexico - Margarita
France - Grey Goose slushie
What else?????

sultan colada at outdoors drink stand at Morocco...like a pina colada but also has almond liquer in it...yummy! Get one & watch the Mo'Rockin show at the Morocco pavillion.

My GFs want to drink around the world and here's what I've found on the boards:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1347451
http://www.disboards.com/showthread...2282502&highlight=drinks+epcot+world+showcase

Mexico - One of those 3-in-one margueritas
Norway - beer
China - chinese wine (it was sooo sweet and yummy!)
Germany - dark draft
Italy - wine
USA - Sam Adams (of course)
Japan - Sake of course!
Morocco - Tangerine Daquiris!! France - fine wine
UK - a pint of Harp
Canada - wine

HTH,
Diana

I don't know what your tastes are so I can't just tell you what to get. I don't like the margaritas but DH does, we just have different tastes.

Each country offers a variety of things - order what looks and sounds good to you at the time! After a few countries, you won't know what you're drinking anyways ;)

Whee!
My kinda thread..

DBF and I just did this for our first time.. actually our first time to The World in April! Unfortunately.. we didn't get through all of the countries :(

I will be posting more in depth in my TR!

IMG_2104.jpg

CHINA!!! Only real option was Chinese wine.. not very good.. but ehh

IMG_2123.jpg

FRANCE!! I had this awesome new drink straight outta Paris.. Nuvo. It's great! Pink sparkling vodka.. need I say more?? DBF had a champagne martini, I believe.

IMG_2122.jpg

MOROCCO!! We actually had a few here.. we shared a Moroccan wine, then each had a slushie made with liquor.

IMG_2118.jpg

JAPAN!! Sake, but of course :)

IMG_2113.jpg

ITALY!! We shared a glass of Italian wine, then had bellinis.. mmmm.. with peach puree.

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

GERMANY!! Can you tell we're feeling good? LOL. They only had beer (too heavy) or wine.. so we each had a glass of German wine. Really good!

IMG_2127.jpg

Here's the kicker.. Went into the pub in the UK. I was already pretty tipsy, and we decided to have a go with a couple of Irish car bombs. For those who don't know, it's a shot of Bailey's mixed with whiskey, then you drop the shot in a cup of Guiness. Two of those, each, and my drink around the world was a few countries short, LOL. A lot of fun, none the less!

We skipped America (not too fond of American beer), Mexico (had too many margaritas the day before), and Norway (not sure why..)

Italy - Rosa Regale Champagne! Its red, tastes of berries, a tad on the sweeter side - if you buy your glass inside you get a small dark chocolate -

France - You have Grey goose slushies, know that the orange slush is a Gran Marnier Slushie (we get one of each as we love Gran Marnier, but the grey goose is more citrus-y and tastes better to me when its hot! Gran Marnier is orange liquour, and hard to describe, its more mellow, deeper flavor)

Mexico Margaritas - the triple flavor one gets lots of reviews, but I dont like my flavors mixing!

Japan - or maybe China - - I had the Plum wine, that's a sweet wine tastes just like plums!

Canada - ICE WINE babee!! Ice wine is an intense sweet wine, made from the grapes after the frost, they are on the vine a long time (think raisin) so the flavor is great, and sweet, but NOT syrupy - because they are 'shrunken' grapes they produce less juice, so you will find the Ice Wine to be expensive - and in smaller bottles - well worth it - - imho!

Canada - Definitely get the Ice Wine!! It's soooo good!

I hated the Margarita - I don't know if the girl made it too strong but you couldn't taste any of the flavours, just the tequila. Yuck!

I heard the Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush is good in China (it's at the Joy of Tea stand)

We're planning on doing this in August :)

Don't forget the yummy Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush at the Joy of Tea stand in China!

We love the peach tea schapps slushie from the Joy of Tea stand in Epcot

OK,

Canada - LaBatts or Moosehead
UK - Harp or Bass
France - 1664
Moroco - Casablanca
Japan - Kirin
US - Sam Adams
Italy - Peroni
Germany - Heffeweissen or Spaten
China - Tsingtao
Norway - Carlsberg
Mexico - Dos Equis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter