?Drinks anyone?

It's tough to find a cheap drink in WDW so you may as well get the best drink you can in the nicest location.
My very favorite spot is La Cava Del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion, World Showcase.
I also like the Outer Rim at CR and the bar at the Wave in CR is nice and usually not too busy.
Looking forward to Victoria Falls at AKL-only 37 days away!

Not sure about reasonably priced, but we had drinks at the Wave, Yacht Club, wherever we had dinner and then (TA DA) Grey Goose Slushy!!! I had several and aimed for at least 1/day.

Affordable and WDW are two words that should be never be used in the same sentence.

In the parks I like the following:

La Cava de Tequila at Epcot
Tune in Lounge at DHS
Dawa Bar at AK

At the resorts I like the following:

bluezoo lounge at bluezoo
Mizners at Grand Floridian
Crew Cup Lounge at Yacht Club

you'll spend $8.50-$15 for cocktails, and $6-8 for beer everywhere at WDW. The prices really don't vary much (maybe 50 cents less for a cocktail at a resort restaurant than in the park) But essentially it's the same drinks menu everywhere. Each restaurant may have a couple of their own "signature" cocktails, and a specialty beer (like the Italian places will carry Moretti beer) but you'll pay the same prices from one to the next places.

We have also found that the drinks kiosks (the little stands outside the countries) tend to be light-on-alcohol, especially the frozen slushy drinks that are very popular like the grey goose slushy and gran marnier slushy from France kiosk...margaritas outside Mexico, tea-alcohol beverages outside China, etc. They taste good, but for $8-9 a drink you want a little kick to them, ya know?

Strongest drinks, in our experience, are the ones at the resort restaurants. Love the various mojito concoctions, and for frozen, love the pina colava (both available everywhere.) Also like the glow-cube drinks (but you pay extra for those...$12-14 range.)

I have few few "favorite" drinking holes, but they vary drastically.

Putting down a few draughts at Rose & Crown is always nice, but so is drinking a bottle of wine at Cali Grill.

I also enjoy strolling through DTD and doing some shopping on a brisk afternoon while sipping on coffee and Bailey's.

The options are many, which is always a good thing.

On a trip last year, we had my parents with us as babysitters and the wife and I went resort-bar hopping using internal transportation (specifically the monorail). We had a blast and the bartender at the GF told us what we were doing is affectionately referred to as "Looping the Loop."

BTW, the GF bar was our favorite. It is very nice and intimate. They were about to close as we were the only ones left in the bar at around 11pm, but a wedding concluded in the hotel and all of the wedding guests made their way to the bar so they remained open until the wee hours of the morning.

As was stated before, drink prices are about the same everywhere and they are generally high. But, I paid about the same for drinks at various bars in NYC on a recent trip there, so I guess it depends on what you're comparing the prices to.

We did beers around the world in Epcot!:thumbsup2

The best beer was Germany. We were there on Mardi Gras (we are New Orleans natives) so we were wearing our purple, green and gold.
20100216_Disney_01.JPG

I tried both the Grey Goose and Grand Marnier slushes in France, (I preferred the Grey Goose), but I don't think I would order either again. Very pricey for the size of the glass and very little alcohol content. Not a good bang for your buck there.

My personal favorite drink at WDW is the Blood Orange Margarita from the Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk is very cool at night, and you don't have to have a reservation there to sit at the bar and have a margarita and an app. Try the Margarita with the Gulf Coast Shrimp Cocktail, it pairs really well together!

mmm grey goose slushy! Thanks!

I hope you enjoy. Would you please have a Grand Marnier for me:rotfl: ...somehow never seemed to have one even tho I meant to try one. Guess I will have to live vicariously and hear how you enjoyed yours!!

On our last WDW trip, Oct. 2009, 2 Bloody Marys at the Belle Vue Lounge at the BoardWalk were a little less than $14 for both. That's a great place to chill, inside or on the 2nd story porch overlooking the main stairs to and from the BW. They don't open for drinks until 5pm.

Bill From PA

Crew's Cup at YC
Victoria Falls at AKL
Bar at bluezoo at Dolphin
Bar at Il Mulino at Swan
Bellevue Lounge at BWI (you can sit outside, which is quite fun!)

love la cava del tequilla in the mexican pavilion. nothing like chips, guac, and salsa with a great drink (and no they certainly do NOT water them down or short pour). we have a great liquid lunch with snacks there last week :banana:

my second place would be the tambu lounge outside ohana's at the poly. it's comfortable, relaxing, and the drinks are great.

mmmm, we love the bar at Fulton's - great Mojitos ;)
The Wave
the bar at the Flying Fish Cafe'
the Cali Grill bar :lovestruc

and so many more spots for a glass of sparkling wine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter