Drinking water

The soda dispensers at the pool deck also have cold drinking water. We brought an empty water bottle to fill up there and take back to the room. You can also get 16oz bottles of Evian (by the 6-pack) delivered by room service - that's not free, but does save you the trouble of hauling bottled water in the luggage.

It is very safe and has no adverse effects whatsoever.

Not exactly true. Many have reported issues with swollen ankles when drinking the ship's water. The taste is just as good as bottled water, however it is still desalinated salt water. There may be some residual, untasteable salt which causes the swelling issue. Not everyone has a problem with it, but it is something to be aware of.

The water is safer and better tasting then what you have at home or buy bottled. No proof at all about the swelling a few passengers have reported. Swelled ankles can be caused by any number of other things, even just the walking around the vessel and ashore.

We usually bring 1 six pack of bottled water and refill them from the cabin tap for use on the vessel and during shore trips.

AKK

Not exactly true. Many have reported issues with swollen ankles when drinking the ship's water. The taste is just as good as bottled water, however it is still desalinated salt water. There may be some residual, untasteable salt which causes the swelling issue. Not everyone has a problem with it, but it is something to be aware of.

Then I would say the " few" are highly sensitive to it, and the vast majority find it perfect.

Maybe swollen ankles on the ship have other more logical causes rather than desalinated water, maybe heat, Sunburn, bites, more walking than normal, over eating, Having too much salt, over drinking alcohol , allergies, female hormones, nerve damage, medication, Being overweight,have a more likely effect on the body Than water.

What scientific evidence is there to blame water?

Last edited:
The water is safer and better tasting then what you have at home or buy bottled. No proof at all about the swelling a few passengers have reported.

We usually bring 1 six pack of bottled water and refill them from the cabin tap for use on the vessel and during shore trips.

AKK

Agree a voice of logic and not myth.

Then I would say the " few" are highly sensitive to it, and the vast majority find it perfect.

Maybe swollen ankles on the ship have other more logical causes rather than desalinated water, maybe heat, Sunburn, bites, more walking than normal, over eating, over drinking alcohol have a more likely effect on the body Than water.

But since some seem to have issues with it is worth noting. Saying "no adverse affects whatsoever" may be your experience, but it is not everyone's. We have no issues with the ship's water, but others may and it is best to be aware of the possibility.

But since some seem to have issues with it is worth noting. Saying "no adverse affects whatsoever" may be your experience, but it is not everyone's. We have no issues with the ship's water, but others may and it is best to be aware of the possibility.

I would cross refer to the posts above, I just did an Internet search and came up with No responses to support the claim, there are many other more plausible causes.

Overuse of Antibiotics in children is probable cause as well, killing friendly bacteria at a young age and causing less immunity,

Maybe swollen ankles on the ship have other more logical causes rather than desalinated water, maybe heat, Sunburn, bites, more walking than normal, over eating, Having too much salt, over drinking alcohol , allergies, female hormones, nerve damage, medication, Being overweight,have a more likely effect on the body Than water.

If someone wants to spend money on bottled water and think that's better or different they can, remember that the bottles of water cause environmental damage.

People like to 'blame' something, its not the water, its other lifestyle.

Last edited:
I am very picky about water, and find the ship water just fine.
I was told it goes through reverse osmosis twice. We have RO at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter