Drinking around the world

I remember my 21st birthday...and moderation had no part of it! I think it is great to give advice such as drinking water, eating and pacing, but on your 21st birthday....typically none of that happens. But, I don't know your daughter or who she is going to with EPCOT. Disney is definitely not the place you want to be drunk, I've seen people drunk and it's embarrassing, especially for families.

So best plan of action, knowing none of the specifics:
Eat a good dinner before the drinking begins :cake: , have a non-drinking buddy/friend who is going to watch out for the Birthday girl & ensure everyone gets home safe:drive:, Bring bottles of water to drink throughout the night :thumbsup2, Eat snacks throughout the evening popcorn::, :snail:Pace the drinking :drinking1, bring lots of money because drinking at EPCOT is very pricey , & have fun! :dogdance::bday:

Such a fun way to spend her 21st birthday! Last year our group attempted to drink around the countries, there were 4 of us and only one of us successfully completed it (and it was not me). For next year, we've already decided to split it up into two days. If it's not as big of a deal for her to drink in EVERY country, you could skip a couple depending on her taste. I'm not a big beer drinker, so Germany was lost on me (which is not a popular opinion). But I like tequila, and really enjoyed the margaritas from La Cava del Tequila. If hitting every country is important to her, splitting drinks is always a good idea. The key is keeping hydrated with water between drinks, and snacking around the countries while you drink.

My daughter has just informed me that she want to celebrate her 21st birthday at Epcot. I'm assuming we can all guess why. What tips do you have for making sure she has fun but doesn't end up in a state inappropriate for a family amusement park?

Well according to another thread, most seem to think Epcot just caters to a bunch of drunks during the evenings so if she ends up inebriated, I guess she'll fit right in with the rest. I'll likely be like that too.

water and eating are a good choice - also tell them to NEVER leave their drinks - another words - don;t both go the bathroom together - there are predators anywhere even at WDW.

be aware that WDW is probably got more camera than even London - so remember not to get too carried away. worst case you can be banned for life from WDW - pretty sure they want to return to WDW.
GREAT TIP for anyone!:thumbsup2 Learned from a Safety course given by police officers NEVER leave any drinks unattended, even water bottles!:eek: Use GOOD SAFETY sense anywhere you travel!:goodvibes

Next year, DD will be 21 and she wants to drink around the world with me. Our plan is to start at 11, have lunch in Mexico and our first drink, and then spend an hour per country, snacking as needed and splitting one drink per country. We'll finish up with dinner in UK and then watch Illuminations. Lots of water, definitely taking our time and splitting drinks.

I'm also planning to sleep in the next day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter