Drinking Around the World

I have tried to drink around the world, got stuck in Mexico! Those Margaritas are big and cold and they really slowed me down.

I am going to attempt it again this time, but I have 3 days, (but more countries, due to F&W) I will be with my kids DD13 and DS10, so I really don't want my kids to see sloppy mommy:lmao: Happy mommy is ok!

I have a huge budget $350 just for food and wine so plenty of food for everyone to help soak up the tiny glasses of wine and other drinks for me.

I really want to try the tequila flight, but we will see, that might be too much too fast.

Good luck to everyone!

here in Germany young adults use it especially for "vortinken", that means drinking before you go to a disco or anywhere else.

we drink it as shots or mixed with energy drinks, e. g. Red Bull

an excellent drink for drinking games at partys :thumbsup2

you can also mix it with Fanta
but german Fanta is different to your Fanta since the mid 90's

I was introduced to Jägermeister a couple of years earlier on a Reforger exercise. When Mrs. Tex and I lived in Heidelberg, we encountered the stuff as one of those after-dinner drinks that you can't refuse without seeming rude. Sorry, but the only drinking game I can think of that Jägermeister would work for, is who can keep from hurling the longest. :confused3

We both miss German Fanta, though, and it was different even in the mid 70s. It made the best shandies!!

We did it everytime we went before the kid was born. Now combined we do it, but not both of us. We start in Mexico and work our way around. She gets a margarita, and nurses it while tasting whatever I get. Then she is always somehow ready for her own drink by France (the Grand Marnier slushie), and somehow we need two Guiness' in UK, and then she just discovered the Torontopoliton (or whatever it's called).

Somehow I always end up more tipsy.

Don't try to do this during F&W Festival.

We've done it a number of times, last time in 2008. Usually we had a group of 5 or more. We'd meet for warm-ups (pints of Guinness) in the early afternoon at the Rose and Crown, then proceed from there.

The key is pace yourself, nibble lightly, and if you're not used to the heat, stick with less-heavy beverages.

Also, it probably helps if you are under 40. I don't know if I'd even attempt it now. :lmao:

We tried to do this on our hm in 2006, made it as far as Germany. Starting in Mexico. We did the beer. I had half and dh had a while one. By the time we got to china, I thought "hi, welcome to china!". Was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

We ate after that I think, but I didn't make it much further. It was so much fun and I'd love to try it again. Our next trip is with our kids, so I think we'll wait for a trip w/o our kids.

We tried to do this on our hm in 2006, made it as far as Germany. Starting in Mexico. We did the beer. I had half and dh had a while one. By the time we got to china, I thought "hi, welcome to china!". Was the funniest thing I'd ever heard.

We ate after that I think, but I didn't make it much further. It was so much fun and I'd love to try it again. Our next trip is with our kids, so I think we'll wait for a trip w/o our kids.

Wise choice -- don't want to get a ticket for operating a stroller while under the influence...

I did it 3 times when I did my internship there...I cant stress enough to start in england and go that way around...I ended the adventure in england on my one trip around the world and it didnt end all that well!!! The beer is heavy there!

Don't forget Canada! And Harp is a light Lager - good beer choice in UK along with Stella.

My biggest problem is that I get distracted with the entertainment and have too many beers in one place. Oh well.

DH and I drink around the world frequently. I swear we don't have a problem, we just like to sample the offerings in each country. We usually have a big breakfast that morning and bounce around FW before WS opens. We also eat in at least every other country and keep either water, gatorade or both with us. It takes us the better part of the day and some countries we do share the offering...except for Grand Marnier and Grey Goose slushes. We get one of each and pass them back and forth. I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but there is a fabulous beverage in the pub at Rose and Crown. There is a hard cider on tap and they mix it with black currant juice....we also each get one there! No sharing that one! F&W is a bit different. We simply can't put that much food and adult beverage away in one sitting. in 2010 it took us 5 days to get through everything and we're hoping to do it in 4 days this trip....we'll see! That way we can use day 5 to go back for some of our favorites.

My best friend and I are going to attempt this either in December or January. Totally staying on property here and leaving her little ones at home.

Generally, we can hold our liquor and I figure it would be the best time to really look around at the WS. Usually we fly by each pavilion, only stopping at Norway and Mexico.

Is the Outpost considered a 'country'? Or is that skippable.? LOL!

Jackie

Edgehopper said:
Japan: There's a hidden sake bar at the back of the Matsuhita store that offers a lot more options than the Kabuki cafe.

Wakatake Sake! Yum!!
(savory aroma of wild fruits)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter