• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drinking around the World

I've tried this for the last 9 years... I don't think that I've ever made it around. I don't like beer... so I can only get the margaritas, fruity drinks, wine, etc... it doesn't matter... I don't think that I even make it half way around. Maybe we need to walk slower!!!

As a lover of darker beers I would like to announce that Spaten Optimator at EPCOT is awful (it did feel like someone had Spaten in it). However, the Guinness and Boddingtons in the British bit are quite good. Slurring of words at EPCOT normally starts around Germany (travelling clockwise) and by the Rose & Crown, everyone is your best mate (although they probably are not yours ;) ).

miste76 said:
I've tried this for the last 9 years... I don't think that I've ever made it around. Maybe we need to walk slower!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Drink faster and run like the wind.

Gonz Of Lancashire said:
As a lover of darker beers I would like to announce that Spaten Optimator at EPCOT is awful (it did feel like someone had Spaten in it). However, the Guinness and Boddingtons in the British bit are quite good. Slurring of words at EPCOT normally starts around Germany (travelling clockwise) and by the Rose & Crown, everyone is your best mate (although they probably are not yours ;) ).

I usually go counterclockwise so I can start with Moosehead and UK beers while I can still differentiate between good and less good beer. The 1664 is surprisingly good. I usually go for Beck's in Germany. I agree with Optimator. I'm not sure what they do to it. But I'm also not a big Bud fan either. I use the Americas pavilion for a rest stop! By the time I get to Mexico and a dos Equis, I'm ready to go just about anyplace. Then start over again in Canada. Been doing this for years! I think 2000 was the first time I started keeping track, though.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

ntsammy5 said:
I usually go counterclockwise so I can start with Moosehead and UK beers while I can still differentiate between good and less good beer. The 1664 is surprisingly good. I usually go for Beck's in Germany. I agree with Optimator. I'm not sure what they do to it. But I'm also not a big Bud fan either. I use the Americas pavilion for a rest stop! By the time I get to Mexico and a dos Equis, I'm ready to go just about anyplace. Then start over again in Canada. Been doing this for years! I think 2000 was the first time I started keeping track, though.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Love 1664, but Bud gives me headache. Mexican beer is always a winner. I'm only allowed one "lap" of EPCOT (usually outvoted 3 to 1). I see you've got a family wedding coming up, I assume a few beers will be had by yourself. Good luck with that mate and best wishes to your daughter too, have a drink for me will you. Cheers.

I try not to think of myself as a beer snob but the american beers SUCK for this 'round the world binge. Why isnt there a better selection. Im not saying throw some Colt45 or Schlitz up there on the menu but how about some regional micro brews? I understand that the F&W festival is the best time to partake of said tasty beverages but two beers standard for the US? Sheesh. How about some DogFishHead, Bells or Great Divide? I can see why people use it as a rest stop.

My DBF wants to do this every time, but we never have. I am certainly not against the idea, but being a pretty small gal, I told him that I literally would be dead if I tried to go all the way around. I suggested sharing all the way around, that way I would live to tell the tale. He's not toally sold on the sharing idea, but hopefully he will come around- I think it would be a good time.

Also, I have heard of people getting some kind of passort and getting it signed at each country. Where do you get those and are they free (I'm assuming not, it is WDW after all :rotfl: )

you can pick up a passport anywhere in epcot..and of course they are not free!!! not sure of price but i think around 5 dollars..i normally dont bother doing that because by the end i probobly wouldnt remember i had it anyways and loose it!!! but we do wear shirts that we got at cafepress.com. on the front is a beer with mickey ears hanging off of it and it says "drink me". the back has all of the countries with the name of the place to get the beer and how to say cheers in that language. they are fun. another thing we do is every time we finish a beer/dink in that country we get a set of mardi gras beads to wear... by the time we are done we look, shall i say interesting!!! :crazy:

I love Drinking Around the World!!!!!!!! We look forward to it every trip :banana: DATW always makes for some interesting photo ops. We like to start out in Canada and make our way around to Mexico. Fish and chips early in the day helps to absorb the beer and a viking coffee is good for the evening.

:drinking1 Can't wait for October when we get to DATW during F&W Festival! :drinking1

Gonz Of Lancashire said:
Love 1664, but Bud gives me headache. Mexican beer is always a winner. I'm only allowed one "lap" of EPCOT (usually outvoted 3 to 1). I see you've got a family wedding coming up, I assume a few beers will be had by yourself. Good luck with that mate and best wishes to your daughter too, have a drink for me will you. Cheers.

Hey Gonz,

Yes a few beers will be had by most. DD is a chip off the old block, rather than cutting the cake, she and her future husband want to crack open a couple of bottles of home brew and propose a toast. God, I'm proud of her! I taught her well. We will be having a couple of really good micro brews -- Middle Ages Impaled Ale (IPA) and Wailing Wench Hearty Stout along with LaBatts and Moosehead. I'm drinking an Impaled Ale right now. Thanks for your best wishes and hopefully we can meet sometime and share a couple of Harps or Guiness. Cheers!

zoey9989 said:
but we do wear shirts that we got at cafepress.com. on the front is a beer with mickey ears hanging off of it and it says "drink me". the back has all of the countries with the name of the place to get the beer and how to say cheers in that language. they are fun. :crazy:

OMG. What a great site. I'm buying some t-shirts. You are my kind of people. DRUNKS!

:drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

Never tried to drink around the world, but my DH and I tried to eat around the world once. I don't recommend doing that unless you just get something to munch on at each country. I think I'm still full from it! ::yes::

Yes My DH and I did this back on our trip Feb 2004. We started in Mexico by 2PM and worked our way over to Canada by park closing. Now I must admit I did not completely finish the tour in one day as I was doing mostly alcohol but my DH did..... drinking mainly beers. In fact he was estatic when reaching Canada he completed the journey with a Unibroue not the Moosehead that he expected...... He also counted the Outpost as part of the tour.

Also we decided to buy each one of us a Kids Epcot passport as a rememberance of the journey. At each country page we would notate the drink we had and have the server sign it as proof. Many of the servers actually wrote a greeting or saying to us in their language along with their signature, this became a very treasured and personal keepsake for DH and me.

I plainly remember my drinks that night......sangria (Mexico), beer (Norway), Apple wine (China), White wine flight (Germany), Rose Wine w. a piece of chocolate (Italy - while watching the masquerade), Sam Adams (America), Sake (Japan w. sushi dinner), Flute of Champagne (France). I skipped Morocco, UK and Canada that night and made them up later in the week. But my wonderful DH made it to the end........

Do it. You will make friends and have a memorable night. I know I did!!!!

We are there from the 11th to the 16th as well, and I fully plan on making the tour. But don't tell Sphynx, she thinks we are going to shop around the world. If she can collect pressed pennies, I can collect liver disease. :tongue:

I'm aiming for Wednsday the 13th, can capping it off with a late ADR at Le Cellier. So look for a happy chum with a LGMHPC, and a drink in his hand.
party:

I'm surprised anyone can survive this. I'm sure I would need a wheelchair. I'm okay with the little drinks at the F&W Festival, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter