Drink Station Etiquette

I'll add there is no sign on the Fantasy either asking to use a new cup/their cup for refilling.
:)
They are the same as shown above for Dream, push button.

As someone who minored in environmental microbiology, I would be way more concerned about the people who have touched the soda push button before me (and when was the last time they washed their hands) then I would be about any potential for splash up.

Thank You :thumbsup2 I can't understand the reasoning of using a paper cup to fill your own cup when you have people putting all their hands over the buttons and as you said, who knows where those hands have been?

It is just given my background, I know there is no exposure from using a reusable cup at this type of machine. The germ exposure would come from the push button. Next cruise, I am going to swap the push button and the dispenser and do a culture of both. I bet Disney would love that! Looks like I need to go on a cruise in the name of SCIENCE!

:thumbsup2 Thank you!

If you need someone to back you up, I think you must get yourself on a ship quickly in the name of science :)

Exactly why I use my knuckle to press the button!!!!!

I also don't wash my hands in the bathrooms; I use a paper towel to open the door, and then use my portable hand sanitizer once I'm out.

I'm not a germaphobe, but on the ship...maybe I am a little.

OMG....please tell me that you don't teach this irresponsible behaviour to any child!!!! :rolleyes2

Believe it or not my husband actual brings a small container of dish detergent and a scrubbing pad so we can wash our mugs out in the sink in the room every day on the ship...lol

Smart idea....just added dish detergent and a scrubbie to the packing list!:)

popcorn::

What about people who dont wash, wear shorts to dinner, AND don't tip their concierge....

:stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::stir::stir:

They get thrown off their balconies.

But what if they are smoking on their balcony nonstop, while leaving the room service tray in the hallway?

(trying to remember all the Disboard controversies that I can!)

After reading this discussion, I'm feeling quite lucky to be alive after my Fantasy cruise in September! :rotfl:

In the MDR's and Palo's they also have "Tealeaves" brand tea bags. My wife always asks for a few to take home. You can also buy their brand online which we have done in the past. Here's the website: http://www.tealeaves.com/

Yes - also in the spa. I grab an Imperial Earl Grey on my way out of the gym :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter